Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Whyy did they pick this group?

Quote Originally Posted by hungry_hippo
    I was looking through a old thread and i was wondering who is this ?
    Oh God! That was the girl who said "...and I model like buttah", causing Jay to role his eyes. She seemed kind of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by gemma
    Oh God! That was the girl who said "...and I model like buttah", causing Jay to role his eyes. She seemed kind of annoying.
    I was about to post that! But then again don't forget the editing circus!

FORT Fogey
    I think I like having actresses and singers on the cover better than models. The day of the supermodel is in the past. All the really gorgeous supermodels were big in the 80's and 90's. The same models that people say are their favorites were big 10 years ago. The new girls that are coming out are just unknown names to the average person. So I think its good that they picked Eva who doesnt really look like the average supermodel but more like a pretty everyday girl. I dont think women care what height the model is when they want to buy the product. Sure we all love to see gorgeous women in magazines but I dont think a tall lanky women will sell more products than a shorter (more likely prettier) woman. In the real world Eva is considered tall for a woman. I also dont know any girls who grew up wanting to be 5'10. Girls like that were constantly picked on for looking like giraffe's. I just think height and the typical model look is only important to people that are in the industry. I dont think the everyday person cares as long as the person is attractive. That is why actresses are selling covers not only because they already have a name for themselves but they also look better and are more relatable.