Page 8 of 897 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Models

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    I like Kate Moss, Colette Pechekhonova, Audrey Marnay, and Ai Tominaga. Yup, my tastes are still a little "old school." When it comes to the baby models... it's all about Gemma Ward and Lisa Cant. Natalia Vodianova has faded recently, but I still think she's lovely.
    my favorite models: Nadja Auermann, Estelle Lefebure, Louise Vyent, and the incredible Kristen Mcmenamy are very "old school"
    I don't have a favorite among the baby models and none of the current fashion designers are doing it for me so I'm paying more attention to stylists and costume designers.

FORT Fogey
    About Heather Marks, her parents are dentists so she goes around shows passing out toothbrush to models...how cute. :-)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    She's acting under her real name Jaime King (though it was spelled Jamie when she was in Buffalo '66), as well as doing the Revlon ads with Julianne Moore and Halle Berry.

My current favorite models are -

1. Linda Evangelista (I loved her in the Spring '05 Chanel ready to wear)
    2. Alek Wek
    3. Ai Tominaga
    4. Eva Herzigova
    5. Karen Elson
    Hehe, you are right Salem you do like the older models...Linda, Alek, Karen...

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by jadedomega
    About Heather Marks, her parents are dentists so she goes around shows passing out toothbrush to models...how cute. :-)
    Oh - that's sweet.

I LOVEEE Cindy Crawford!!!

FORT Regular
    I think that 15 is ok, I believe that Gerren Taylor was like 12 when she started out and has been in big campaigns since that age also.
    What does this say about the designers who need to put their clothes on children basically?
    Yes the young models parents are with them or a guardian whilst they are on shoot but i cannot but help think that the age of 12-13 especially that they are in a way opening the child up too much too soon and that they are being exploited.
    What is so wrong in waiting a few years.

How old are these models then, i cannot really tell because i look young myself but am not that young.
    I cannot see what is so attractive in some of the new wave of models at all, but each to their own eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by TooFresh
    Is anyone a little grossed out that a lot of models are REALLY young?

I think 15 is a little TOO YOUNG to start in this kind of industry. They're not mature enough to handle the harsh criticisms and to be able fend off drugs and the like.

The last thing the world needs is an army of 15 year-old coke addicts with body issues.

Carmen Kass

Esther Canadas

Trish Goff

Alek Wek

CCL
    Natalia Vodianova as Alice in Wonderland in Vogue..The rest of the pictures are great but too big for me to upload. But google them. The 2nd picture is her too. The last 2 are Tasha Tilberg.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Adriana Lima is my favorite model - period. I also like Biljana Starcevic, Maja Latinovic, Natasha Poly, Karolina Kurkova, Janeta Samp, Isabeli Fontana, Jessica Miller, and a few others.

For designers, I love Missoni. I also like Stella McCartney, Proenza Schouler, Alexander McQueen, Michael Kors, and Ralph Lauren.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jadedomega
    Hehe, you are right Salem you do like the older models...Linda, Alek, Karen...
    Yeah, I do like them a little older (it seems funny to say that about women in their early to mid 20's). Linda is simply stunning even though she is approaching 40. There are few of the jailbait models that I think can carry off the couture, to me they usually look like little girls dressing up in their mommy's clothes. Between 19 and 30 I think they look like WOMEN. I think that part of the reason of the popularity of the so called "intelligent" models is that they look like real people, they don't have too perfect features, yet with great makeup and clothes look amazing. I think that the intended purchasers of the garments can relate to them.

I guess I could edit this to add that at 42, I've been addicted to models and fashion since the days of Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 10-15-2004 at 03:03 PM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination