Page 7 of 897 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Models

Certified Snarkypants SaucyRedhead77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    Who here actually is into fashion? I'd say my favourite model is a Canadian by the name of Heather Marks... She's been on the cover of (various international editions) Vogue 4 times with more coming up soon, and she looks amazing on the runway.

Which are your favourite models? Designers? My favourite's are Givenchy, Dsquared, and my favourite campaings are Dolce and Gabbana's.
    That's awesome. A girl in my class is really good friends with Heather Marks and she's coming into town next week, so we're gonna get to meet her. It's gonna be awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by TooFresh
    Is anyone a little grossed out that a lot of models are REALLY young?

I think 15 is a little TOO YOUNG to start in this kind of industry. They're not mature enough to handle the harsh criticisms and to be able fend off drugs and the like.

The last thing the world needs is an army of 15 year-old coke addicts with body issues.
    oo, i love the last sentence you wrote! my favorite - milla jovovich (didn't she start at age 12?????)

what's heather marks' height and weight?

Certified Snarkypants SaucyRedhead77's Avatar
    [QUOTE=ANTMrox]oo, i love the last sentence you wrote! my favorite - milla jovovich (didn't she start at age 12?????)
    QUOTE]

It's not an industry for kids that's for sure. Thank God my mum pulled me out of it when I was little, I would have hated it. The modelling industry and actually the whole entertainment industry alltogether isn't easy on kids. Jamie King anyone?? The poor teen girl behind the absolutely revolting "Heroin chic?" Drew Barrymore?? So many other child stars are just ruined, or else had no childhood at all. I have to wonder what kind of parent would let their kids do that kind of thing at such a young age. Kids just need to be kids, they don't need to be scrutinized and told they're not good enough, or sometimes worse, be made overtly sexual at too young an age.

ANTM: Sorry, but I still find you statement offensive. Just because some of the members here aren't gaga over the newest models, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about. Okay, maybe some of us don't, but others just have tastes that reflect past looks or the future, so I'd hardly have a superiority complex.

(And does Heatherette even claim to be haute couture? Or are you referring to couture, single word from French?)

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    ANTM: Sorry, but I still find you statement offensive. Just because some of the members here aren't gaga over the newest models, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about. Okay, maybe some of us don't, but others just have tastes that reflect past looks or the future, so I'd hardly have a superiority complex.

(And does Heatherette even claim to be haute couture? Or are you referring to couture, single word from French?)

there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

oh yeah whatever happened to james king? i used to think she was da bomb

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    oh yeah whatever happened to james king? i used to think she was da bomb
    She's acting under her real name Jaime King (though it was spelled Jamie when she was in Buffalo '66), as well as doing the Revlon ads with Julianne Moore and Halle Berry.

My current favorite models are -

1. Linda Evangelista (I loved her in the Spring '05 Chanel ready to wear)
    2. Alek Wek
    3. Ai Tominaga
    4. Eva Herzigova
    5. Karen Elson
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 10-15-2004 at 02:55 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    I love ALL the models.

Rie Rasmussen, Gemma Ward, Carmen Marie Hillestad, Hannelore Knuts...etc
    beauty is only skin deep.

FORT Newbie
    Liya Kebede has been my favorite model for some time now, clothes wise the only designers who impress me time after time are Tom Ford, Christian Lacroix for Pucci and Ellie Saab

I like Devon Aoki but her look isn't my favourite... something about her face being too round... thats a problem I had with Maggie Rizer.
    I used to like Aoki quite a bit ( Frosty.) I think the face is only a problem if you're judging her by standards of Occidental beauty, when really it's a reflection of a classic Oriental aesthetic. Everything from the full face to the small pouting lips can easily find their ancestral types in ukiyo-e woodblocks and other forms of ancient east asian art depicting Asian women.

Really quite an unique poppet. If somewhat of an acquired taste.

(...and now I have to go back to studying for my midterms! )