Page 52 of 897 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Models

Certified Snarkypants SaucyRedhead77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    And as long as you're all engaging in good discussion I don't see why you can't include actresses who have taken the modeling plunge. Except for that fact that they're dirty famewhores who are so hungry for attention they feel the need to plaster their airbrushed selves all over Vogue and the like. Locals only, man!
    Damn those greedy girls!! Hahaha. Sorry about the picture btw, I didn't know it was going to be that massive. I'm crap with computers, can't you tell?

nausicaa: Okay, that Gollum picture had me laughing like mad when I actually compared it with Kate's up above! Okay, so maybe it wasn't her very finest moment hee hee.
    I agree with you about Yasmin...I like girls to have a little bit of meat on them! Curves are feminine and womanly and they need to be embraced baby! When models come down the runway looking like they're staggering out of a Prisoner of War camp or something, that's just...guuuuh. Hollow chest and jutting collarbones and hips scare me just a little. Okay a lot.

I like Victoria's Secret models! Did anyone watched the 2003 or 2004 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show? There's this red hair girl with small cute eyes that was featured auditioning for the show, and she got in. Who is that? I love her! I like models who look dolly and don't look dolly.

Btw, are models allowed to have Big Boobs and Butts? Is Carmen Electra considered a model? Afterall she did host Manhunt......

Kao & nausicaa, thanks for your replies to my rambling. I guess I don't find anything particularly lowbrow or negative about wanting that context and human dimension; I can't decide, but I hear what you're saying. (nausicaa, you did make the Trish:Norelle comparison last season...)

Am I the only one who likes Erin Wasson?
    She's up there with Hana and Ai for me.

Sorry if this is hard on your browser. ImageShack is really nice; you can make thumbnails. I will do that from now on...

Kate Moss will always be my favorite.. i just find her sooo beautiful..perfecttt

Cintia Dicker is catching up though.. shes so uniquely beautiful. jealouss lool

C' tutta una vita in un'ora d'amore.

I'm not really a fan of Devon Aoki. However, I won't deny that there is something intriguing about her look and it just draws you in.

Some models that I like:

Wang Haizhen

Ai Tominaga

Petra Nemcova

FORT Fogey
    I really like Erin Wasson as well, she has one of the most versatile looks - she could play herself into the next 'Chameleon'.

As for Kate, I think she's beautiful (and was totally the right choice for Rimmel and Burberry, because she kind of symbolizes Britain), but I don't get the Rimmel lipstick ads. She's beautiful, yes. She's a good Brit, yes. But her teeth are jacked up and they focus on her teeth for the entire lipstick commercial. Its actually very disturbing - maybe I just have a tooth fetish?

Some runway pics:

Hana at Versace FW 05
    Last edited by -ANTM-; 02-26-2005 at 07:32 PM. Reason: To add some nice new pictures

CCL
    An up-and-comer, Rosie Huntington-Whitely:

Love the face!

Angela Lindvall

I will always love Laetitia Casta

Natalia Vodianova will always be my favourite

Last edited by CCL; 02-26-2005 at 08:36 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I don't see why you can't include actresses who have taken the modeling plunge. Except for that fact that they're dirty famewhores who are so hungry for attention they feel the need to plaster their airbrushed selves all over Vogue and the like. Locals only, man!
    Audrey Hepburn was one of the first to begin this. I don't think anyone would dare call an ultimate icon of class, style, and beauty a fame whore!

Back when Vogue cost 75 cents...

In a 1999 issue decades later, her influence is still seen...

(Model: Audrey Marnay)

FORT Fogey
    I only think some actresses are fame whores. For example, I find Natalie Portman and Kate Winslet to be totally fascinating and beautiful. Its when people like Katie Couric and Britney Spears end up in Vogue that I start hacking up my lunch. Locals only indeed.

Yup, I definitely would rather see Natalie Portman and Kate Winslet than Britney Spears! (Actually, the whole "stars and stripes forever" part of Britney's cover was gross, too, and I'm not anti-USA. It just looked cheap.) I pretty much said all I have to say on the subject above and was only objecting to hepcat's grouping. (Thanks for the Hana pics, -ANTM-. She is so amazing on the runway. )

Michelle Kwan - Women's Wear Daily Cover:

She's not gorgeous in my opinion, but cute, graceful, athletic.
    When I see this, I think of her on the ice...
    Last edited by Salome; 02-26-2005 at 09:56 PM.