Page 4 of 897 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Models

FORT Fogey
    Under 18 models are contractually obligated to have a parent or adult with them usually, and most agencies don't send out models under 16 aside for maybe some editorial work.

FORT Fogey
    And the industry has changed alot, you don't really see much illegal acts anymore...that was the Supermodel era, the models are smarter now and knows what to do and what not to do....and for some of them they are just milking it for the money so they can springboard into something else, like Gemma really wants to act (catch her in next Harry Potter!)

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    Under 18 models are contractually obligated to have a parent or adult with them usually, and most agencies don't send out models under 16 aside for maybe some editorial work.
    Yes, but some (not all) parents are willing to let their underage kids work themselves ragged if the parents are seeing some of that cash.

Well, I know fashion from kmart, but not much beyond that. It's been some time since I last flipped through a Vogue or Harper's Bazaar or whatever.

I do like the gamine, waifish look, though. Gemma looks like the perfect Lolita.

Personally, I don't find really young models an issue. My reasoning is that the sooner they start, they sooner they can get on with the rest of their life - hopefully one, y'know, with a sustainable career or something.

ETA: jadedomega, wouldn't Gemma make the perfect Fleur Delacour?

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by jadedomega
    And the industry has changed alot, you don't really see much illegal acts anymore...that was the Supermodel era, the models are smarter now and knows what to do and what not to do....and for some of them they are just milking it for the money so they can springboard into something else, like Gemma really wants to act (catch her in next Harry Potter!)
    Gemma's in the next Harry Potter! I'm all excited. What part does she play? I'm thinking Fleur...

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Well, I know fashion from kmart, but not much beyond that. It's been some time since I last flipped through a Vogue or Harper's Bazaar or whatever.

I do like the gamine, waifish look, though. Gemma looks like the perfect Lolita.

Personally, I don't find really young models an issue. My reasoning is that the sooner they start, they sooner they can get on with the rest of their life - hopefully one, y'know, with a sustainable career or something.
    Yeah, if I had model potential I'd be working my butt off, saving my money and cashing out when I could. That's what I like about Natalia V. - she's very clear that she's working right now to support herself and her family but she won't be modelling forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Gemma's in the next Harry Potter! I'm all excited. What part does she play? I'm thinking Fleur...
    OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME ! THOOSE ARE MY TWO PASSIONS, FASHION AND HARRY POTTER, COMBINED IN ONE! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME ! THOOSE ARE MY TWO PASSIONS, FASHION AND HARRY POTTER, COMBINED IN ONE! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!
    I can see it now...the theatre showing Harry Potter fills with model-loving fashionistas and 12 year olds. . I love Harry Potter- can't wait until the next book!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I can see it now...the theatre showing Harry Potter fills with model-loving fashionistas and 12 year olds. . I love Harry Potter- can't wait until the next book!
    Ooooooooooh dont get me started on Harry Potter speculations for book six.

PS: From Fashion Models to Harry Potter....only on FORT

FORT Fogey
    I can see some lady rifling through her brand new Louis Vuitton purse then seeing some tween with a knockoff Murakami bag being like LOOKWATIGOT... then the lady lecturing the girl on how they are out of style, overly trendy, and how its wrong to knockoff fashion. Then the little kid will be crushed. Enjoy the show little kids!