Page 3 of 897 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Models

FORT Fogey
    I didn't mean it like K-Mart isn't good clothes, heck if I find a 10 dollar sweater I like at wallmart I brag about it... I'm just saying that they wouldn't recognize the 'real deal' if you know what I mean... like nobody is saying that you need to spend a thousand dollars to know good fashion, you clearly know your supermodels and fashion (or at least I'm guessing by the fact that you have a favourite model who isn't exactly famous) and all that but does it neccesarily mean you put all your money into expensive clothes?

Norelle knows Heatherette (possibly because its on VH1 all the time but who knows) and she isn't rich - she had to pay for her own braces. Being able to appreciate a Monet doesn't mean you have to afford one.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    I didn't mean it like K-Mart isn't good clothes, heck if I find a 10 dollar sweater I like at wallmart I brag about it... I'm just saying that they wouldn't recognize the 'real deal' if you know what I mean... like nobody is saying that you need to spend a thousand dollars to know good fashion, you clearly know your supermodels and fashion (or at least I'm guessing by the fact that you have a favourite model who isn't exactly famous) and all that but does it neccesarily mean you put all your money into expensive clothes?

Norelle knows Heatherette (possibly because its on VH1 all the time but who knows) and she isn't rich - she had to pay for her own braces. Being able to appreciate a Monet doesn't mean you have to afford one.
    Thanks for clarifying, ANTM. And I understand what you mean now. I don't get VH1 which may explain my lack of Heatherette knowledge.

FORT Fogey
    I personally don't like Heatherette much... they're tacky in my opinion and not very original - if their clothes were half as inventive as their personalities would suggest they'd have much better clothes. Like Cassies outfit? Sweats with big words on the front with a boa? Thats couture? Ehhh??

FORT Fogey
    I personally don't like Heatherette much... they're tacky in my opinion and not very original - if their clothes were half as inventive as their personalities would suggest they'd have much better clothes. Like Cassies outfit? Sweats with big words on the front with a boa? Thats couture? Ehhh??
    Super tacky if you ask me, but I like it that they have fun...

FORT Fogey
    Oh sure... I give 'props' to anybody that can make money doing what they like. Whether or not they deserve it is questionable - but I think a large part of their success is their enthusiasm.

Now who here likes Kenzo? Hahahah....

Wow!That Gemma Ward is beautiful!

FORT Fogey
    Oh sure... I give 'props' to anybody that can make money doing what they like. Whether or not they deserve it is questionable - but I think a large part of their success is their enthusiasm.

Now who here likes Kenzo? Hahahah....
    Ha, wasn't Heather in their AD?!

FORT Fogey
    Oopps you caught me! But I love Heather's Kenzo campaign... its so surreal and beautiful.

Is anyone a little grossed out that a lot of models are REALLY young?

I think 15 is a little TOO YOUNG to start in this kind of industry. They're not mature enough to handle the harsh criticisms and to be able fend off drugs and the like.

The last thing the world needs is an army of 15 year-old coke addicts with body issues.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by TooFresh
    Is anyone a little grossed out that a lot of models are REALLY young.

I think 15 is a little TOO YOUNG to start in this kind of industry. They're not mature enough to handle the harsh critisims and to be able fend off drugs and the like.

The last thing the world needs is an army of 15 year-old coke addicts with body issues.
    And I know the whole little girl face thing right now (like Gemma Ward or Heather Marks) disturbs some people as well.
    It seems to me models have always been very young starting out. Ideally I think it should be made that they have to be at least 18 (ie at least legally adult). But when people keep hiring 14 year-olds, and parents keep agreeing to let their young teens model, things are not going to change.