Page 10 of 897 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Models

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    I have a few myself.

Yamila Diaz Rahi is up there with Aishwarya Rai. These women have this classical beauty that I love and admire.
    I agree. Can't wait to see Aishwarya in Bride & Prejudice!

Bruno, on the other hand, does nothing for me personally. His eyebrows kind of make him look like a Vulcan.

FORT Fogey
    ANTM: Sorry, but I still find you statement offensive. Just because some of the members here aren't gaga over the newest models, doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about. Okay, maybe some of us don't, but others just have tastes that reflect past looks or the future, so I'd hardly have a superiority complex.
    When did I ever say that not liking the new 'babydoll' look made you unaware of fashion? If you can point it out I'd like to see it. I love models of the past (not all mind you Alek Wek isn't my cup o' tea). I don't get how I offended you.

Male Models?

Mike Guenther
    Matt Walsch
    Craig Galloway

"Who here actually is into fashion?"
    "I'm surprised you recognized it - its memorable but even most people in this forum don't know fashion from k-mart..."
    "I'm just saying that they wouldn't recognize the 'real deal' if you know what I mean..."

Basically, you were saying that most people here don't know anything about fashion. I personally find that rather rude, be it true or not, but I know I can be overly sensitive.
    Last edited by Salome; 10-16-2004 at 04:01 AM.

Yeah, it comes off arrogant. Actually, despite the questions about the details of couture fitting, and although I no longer follow Vogue, Elle, or even Vanity Fair (or Fashion Trance, unless I'm in a hotel), I, for one, do understand the basics of the fashion industry. Trends, no. Classic fashion, yes.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

We don't have to know anything about fashion. We're the buying public, and if we don't buy it, the designers don't have a job. So there.

(And I, for one, am not under ANY circumstances buying one of those dreadful *capelet* things that were featured on The Apprentice this past week. )

I don't normally like pretty boys, but that Bruno guy has got a great look.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL
    I have to say even the models on the show don't seem to know that much about the fashion world. Yoanna had to tell Ann & Eva who Daria & Ines were when they were flipping through magazines (and they are not obscure models). And a lot of them looked like they didn't know who Heatherette was or, last year, Dsquared (I didn't know of either of them beforehand). I don't think you necessarily need to know that much about the fashion world to enter it as a model, or to watch a show like ANTM. Some people follow all the nuances of the fashion world (ie Yoanna last year, -ANTM- seems to know all the details) but a lot of others don't. Which is okay.
    As for designer's clothing - don't they make all their money from the licencing of their names for perfume products and stuff like that? (ie things most people could afford). I don't think they make much money from selling couture.
    Ajane - I just like to say the word "capelet." I have to say, the guy designer's clothes on The Apprentice were generally so much better than the female designers. Plus he seemed nicer.

CCL, didn't Mary Poppins wear a capelet? If I wasn't at work I'd google a pic.

Anyway, of course you don't need to know about designers or fashion to enjoy the show, or have an opinion. The networks would be in a helluva lot of trouble if people only watched programs that they *knew* something about.

And now back to "real" models...is Tyra a favourite of no one? 'Cause she's definitely my husband's favourite.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Milay
    Oh yeah Milla no doubt and Devon Aoki (prefer her over Kate Moss)!

Favorite designers: D&G, Dior, Valentino, Dsquared, Diesel Style lab, Fendi, Jil Sander, Marc Jacobs, Missoni, Miu Miu, Versus, Roberto Cavalli.
    How could I forget Alexander MC Queen!

FORT Fogey
    To everyone I offended - I'm sorry. I don't get why you are offended, however. If you understand the fashion industry, then my posts don't apply to you do they? The fact is, most people that watch this show don't follow whats going on in the fashion world, they just like to look at the pretty girls and pick a favourite - then talk about who's their favourite. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's one of my favourite parts of the show. If you know the fashion world, then I don't get why my post offends you? I can understand how it made me sound arrogant (sorry I've been in a bad mood lately), so sorry for that to everyone. Anyways, I never actually did say that following the Doll look or knowing about Dsquared or Gemma Ward meant you didn't know about fashion. So sorry.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Oh Im reaaaaally not into male models!

I like my guys to be super skinny, tall (or short not a big deal) but they MUST have long hair.
    ahhh I'm super picky when I pick my guys.