Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ANTM3 Ep. 3 Recap: The Stripper Who Lost Her Lunch

Anti All Things CoverGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon
    Amanda is Eli's mom. Moms dote on their kids and think their kids are the most special thing on the planet earth. I think it's a sign that Amanda really loves her son. For her, the fact that he was conceived on September 11th, which is a pretty special day, is just another reason that Eli is special. On that day so many lives were lost, and to her he probably represents the creation and a celebration of life in the midst of loss of lives that was happening in our country at that time.
    At least that's what I think she thinks.
    I agree wholeheartedly!

I like Amanda and I like how much she loves her son, but no one will be able to make me understand how being conceived to the hour of a national tragedy makes her son more special than other children... or how that information would ever be appropriate to share on TV. To me, it's a selfish use of other people's suffering. I may be alone here, and I'm not one of "those" 9/11 people, either.

Sorry, Lemon, I still think it's creepy.

I mean, it would be different if Elijah was "conceived" on VE-Day or whatever (because that was a time for celebration), but to proclaim (on national tv!) that your son was created during a time of mass mourning strikes me as pretty insensitive, if not to the American public as a whole, then at least to those who lost loved ones in the disaster.

Overall - beautiful pictures, but freaky, freaky lady. :rolleyes
    Last edited by nausicaa; 10-11-2004 at 12:02 AM.

Amanda's 9/11 info about her son creeped me out, too.

I think I would've kept THAT one to myself.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanQueen
    Maybe her son is so "aware" because he's a gemini. It's not good to read too much into things. I'm sure there were many children conceived on that day. Her son may not have been concieved on that day- doesn't sperm live up to 7 days?
    I would answer that you're very close to the right answer, except having chided others for having publicly given icky information (dates of alleged conception, for example), I'm bound by a code of silence. Let's just say you're very close.
    Last edited by Closet Fan; 10-12-2004 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    I would answer that you're very close to the right answer, except having chided others for having publicly given icky information (dates of alleged conception, for example), I'm bound by a code of silence. Let's just say you're very close.
    Please don't take it personally. I don't think any of us have called naming a date of conception "icky;" it's the particular date Amanda named that we're bothered by. You're not "bound by a code of silence." It's free speech (within the fort rules), so don't pretend like we're oppressing you just because some of us disagree.

I guess she just wants to share how much she loves her child because in five years she won't be able to see him grow up.
    You know, going blind is regrettable but it's not the end of the world. She will be around to raise her son, blind or not. I don't think she's showed any kind of "pity me" attitude about her blindness. She strikes me as a strong person who knows her best chances at making a boatload of money by cashing in on her looks are diminishing fast. When the time comes that she can't work, she'll still be able to support her son.

I guess I'm speaking as someone who grew up with a disabled parent. Kids don't wait around making it easy for parents, no matter what their condition. Blind or not, Amanda will "see" her son grow up. I can't see her sitting around and moping about how she can't see her son. As for Elijah, he will probably have a richer life than someone who never has anything ever go wrong in their life.

Having said that, the conception comment? Waaaay too much information.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Please don't take it personally. I don't think any of us have called naming a date of conception "icky;" it's the particular date Amanda named that we're bothered by. You're not "bound by a code of silence." It's free speech (within the fort rules), so don't pretend like we're oppressing you just because some of us disagree.
    I'm not oppressed. I was joking, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    I'm not oppressed. I was joking, actually.
    Oh, sorry. I didn't see any indication and perceived it as a passive-aggressive attack. I guess I was wrong.

No biggie. I wasn't offended, didn't take it personally, my bad for not making my humor (such as it is) more obvious.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345