Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The judges

Quote Originally Posted by anya123
    i agree janice is sickening-i remeber when the judges were looking over Amanda's bathing suit photo.and janice called her a bithch for still looking great even after her pregnancy :phhht
    It was a joke and compliment. Janice may say some offensive things, but that certainly wasn't one of them.

Regardless of whether Janice is out of line or not (personal opinion), I think it is safe to say that without her the entire show would go down the drain. Janice may be rude, but she is also an extremely witty, crazy, and eccentric former model who has fallen off enough runways in her life (funny story, read her books! ) to know her stuff. She is raw entertainment. There's just no replacing Janice...

If you go back to episode #1 you can see that ANTM cut a lot of gorgeous girls and let a lot of ho-hum girls get pass through. Its kind of embarrasing when they have a photo shoot like they do now in Tokyo - this is the "best America has to offer"? One girl has major acne, one is blind, one sounds like Marge Simpson's sisters, one girl is too short, OMG there is a major flaw in every one left. It's not even America's Next Top Model, it's more of a popularity contest amongst the judges. ANTM is so high school at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTimeBear
    If you go back to episode #1 you can see that ANTM cut a lot of gorgeous girls and let a lot of ho-hum girls get pass through. Its kind of embarrasing when they have a photo shoot like they do now in Tokyo - this is the "best America has to offer"? One girl has major acne, one is blind, one sounds like Marge Simpson's sisters, one girl is too short, OMG there is a major flaw in every one left. It's not even America's Next Top Model, it's more of a popularity contest amongst the judges. ANTM is so high school at this point.
    That is soo true...and the girls that had no flaws got cut...example:Nicole,Leah,Magd elana,Cassie(was anorexic but nothing wrong with her skin or anything)....

CCL
    There was a short (one-page article) about Jancie in FQ Magazine (it comes with the Globe & Mail or you can buy it at bookstores). Anyways, you know the legs splayed pose she told the girls *not* to do during the yoga/bathing suit session. Guess what pose she was doing? She was sitting on a couch, as opposed to the floor, and she was wearing clothing but still....not a good look.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

She is definately a host of contradictions. She isn't even the most entertaining judge, she spends so much time trying to get attention that she distracts from her actual comments - which are not even that funny

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTimeBear

Let me guess.. Ann is the one that sounds like Marge Simpson's sister, right?
    LOL

That's those Newports she's smoking.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Regardless of whether Janice is out of line or not (personal opinion), I think it is safe to say that without her the entire show would go down the drain. Janice may be rude, but she is also an extremely witty, crazy, and eccentric former model who has fallen off enough runways in her life (funny story, read her books! ) to know her stuff. She is raw entertainment. There's just no replacing Janice...

I agree with you, she is brutal, but honest....and definitely knows the modeling world.

FORT Fogey
    People who think Janice is mean clearly hasn't read any of the contestants transcripts or their interviews - or watched a lot of the insider video. All of the girls had nice things to say about her!

I agree with Salome. She is quit-witted, constructive, and she is definately the most qualified judge. Thats right, I said it, more qualified than Tyra. Tyra talks about girls being too commercial? Pleeease woman, a couple editorials in the early 90's dont make up for more than a decade of sports illustrated, victoria's secret, and crappy movies.

Nole doesn't add too much. Put empress Minnie on a pillow with little buttons that say "Oooh!" "This is really not your best shot [name]" "This is really not a good shot [name]" and of course, "Every time you walk into the room its like an orgasmic letdown!" and you'd have a much more likeable judge.

Nigel is ok...

The guest judges this year really haven't been that great with the exception of Mark Jacobs...

Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    The guest judges this year really haven't been that great with the exception of Mark Jacobs...
    Do you mean Mark Bower (sp?)? If Marc Jacobs was ever a guest judge, I think that would be the crowning moment in ANTM history.

IMO there is no ANTM without Janice. I think she makes the show even more than Tyra.

I wish we'd hear more from Nigel, he seems to be less prominent than last season (maybe because there's no Asian model for him to go gaga over? I kid, I kid!).

I like Nolé, but it also seems like he made more of an impression on me last season when he wasn't a judge.

I agree with the people who have been saying J. Alexander would make an excellent regular judge. I'd love to see him on the panel!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast