Thread: Difference between photos and real life

Admitted Reality Junkie

Difference between photos and real life

Now I know that photos are airbrushed and the girls wear tons of make-up and there's lighting and hair and clothes and the like. However did anyone else notice how different SOME of the girls looked at the judges decision in comparison to their photos. I know Tyra said that the world of modeling is making people believe you are perfect, but my goodness. The ones in particular that come to mind are Kristi, Nicole (i think) and Amanda. I mean we know things like Yaya's skin problems, but these girls looked an absolute mess. I was shocked.
    You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

yes you're right on w/ those 3 girls:

Amanda - weird looking in person sometimes!!

Kristi - quite non-magnetic in person at times (I'm still a fan don't get me wrong)

and finally

Nicole - Strangely enough, it seems as though Nicole is an ambasador from a parallel universe where cameras love "blah" looking people and magically beautify them

Hopefully they'll look better in person once the makeover episode is done.
    The judges also commented on their looks when they came before them after the photo shoot. Like Kristi in her "just fell off the dairy truck" look in life versus her photo.
    I think Nicole's problem is that her eye make up is weird it makes her look like she has really dark circles under her eyes, almost as if she's never slept in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    Nicole - Strangely enough, it seems as though Nicole is an ambasador from a parallel universe where cameras love "blah" looking people and magically beautify them
    Yes. She looked as luscious as a peach in the Jamaica photo, but awful during the elimination ceremony. It's a mystery, that.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Nicole really does look so different in her photos! Always soo beautiful!

That's the thing about great models, they may look quite ordinary in person but the camera loves them. For instance, I thought Nicole was nice looking but in a generic way, and that Norelle was a unique beauty, but the camera seems to love Nicole whereas Norelle just comes off kind of geeky looking.

(before the makeovers) amanda had that straggly hair and glasses that always seemed like they were slipping. generally sloppyish. kristi has a platoon of wrinkles when she smiles, and nicole looked way older than 21.

Anti All Things CoverGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    That's the thing about great models, they may look quite ordinary in person but the camera loves them. For instance, I thought Nicole was nice looking but in a generic way, and that Norelle was a unique beauty, but the camera seems to love Nicole whereas Norelle just comes off kind of geeky looking.