Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANTM3 Ep. 2 Recap: The Poor Little Rich Girl Who Thought She Was a Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Mwahaha. Welcome to the dark, superficial side, Silverstar. I loved that quote, too.
    heh (insert semi-laugh here) models can sometimes be like living breathing art! and art is significant. but yeah i can see why tons of people say fashion = insipid

anyway, Nole might very well end up being the biggest bitch of them all
    I can definitely picture him and Empress Minnie in an Austin Powers flick

So was the “gated community” she’s bragged about being from all this time really a zoo?
    OMG you made me laugh so hard.

I Snowie recaps! I love your writing (always) but you really wowed me this time, especially by getting the 'cap up and running so quickly. You're a recap star.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

work has prevented me from viewing the show, thanks for the wonderful recaps!
    Last edited by withoutasol; 10-01-2004 at 04:52 AM.

Great review.

Re: “rhythm was so off”

Is that something the girls are suppose to naturally learn? Do some automatically "get it" and others don't? Does the photographer explain in the beginning how the "dance" is suppose to play out? "Move, pause, move, pause" etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by withoutasol
    work has prevented me from viewing the show, thanks for the wonderful recaps!
    aw, you should tape them. They're really good.
    <33 Mollz

Snowflakegirl, your recaps are lovely. "Gated community = zoo" had me giggling in the library. And the Waldorf suite! Six-year-old w/ ADD...you're SO right! Those decorators deserve to be shot.

Psycho!Ann is worth her weight in gold, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    heh (insert semi-laugh here) models can sometimes be like living breathing art! and art is significant. but yeah i can see why tons of people say fashion = insipid
    Oh, that's what I try to tell myself, that I like fashion because it's just another branch of my love of aesthetics. But when I find an e-mail from a "Cover Girl consultant" among otherwise academic discourse, I really have to question... In my opinion, art is art and fashion is design, though fashion can sometimes stumble upon art. (I also watch ANTM because there just isn't enough drama in my real life. )

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    Fashion's not insipid! There is aestheticism in fashion, just like there is in nature and art. Fashion's not art, I guess, but it is a craft. A very *expensive* craft, I might add.

Yes, I don't think it's fair to say that fashion is never art, but as a whole fashion is fickle, while most people agree that art should be timeless. And so much of fashion is about surface image and imitation... so I really don't know. It's an interesting argument on both sides.

But insipid? - no way! I think fashion is fun and exciting.

PS: ANTMrox, I hope you understand that I am always semi-sacrastic.
    PPS: Why do I so often end up derailing these threads from Snowflake Girl-love? Sorry.

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    I think it's a little discouraging that I wasn't even a little shocked at the Tyra lampshades. It was downright demoralising that I wanted a set for my own.

Great recap, natch.
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast