Thread: CoverGirl taking action

CoverGirl taking action

So, Covergirl wasn't so sure until now when they know America's Next Top Model is a big hit.
    what do you feel about that?
    So does the winner get a contract with them too?
    And so what is the cover girl of the week? The most voted? Randomly selected?
    etc.
    I voted just to try and win the trip. But yeah.
    Cover Girl i am not so sure of. I like Sephora and Revlon.

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    i have to say that the amount of "covergirl" advertising is a bit overwhelming, but its also a very prestigious contract.

if covergirl pulls a revlon and subjects the winner to some trade shows, then that's seriously wrong; to take advantage of the publicity but not to extend the same courtesy to the show and the winner, but if the winner gets a plum contract with lots of visibility, then its ok that covergirl is so predominant.

Everybody LOVES you when you're a winner.

But what I'M wondering about is . . .

OK, CoverGirl IS a Top Makeup Gun.

But isn't or wouldn't Jay Manuel be under contract with Iman Cosmetics?

I mean, how can you serve God and mammon?

Unless there's some sort of special "out" clause, or Tyra and Iman worked out a special deal, or something?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey
    I hope the winner gets a CoverGirl commerical! How cool would that be to get to see an ANTM winner on tv constantly. I wouldn't mind seeing Norelle everyday...

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful, Cover Girl *grin*

I assume that ANTM receives some benefits from Cover Girl (and the other sponsors) that extend beyond the winner's contract. I'm talking about money.

I don't really have a problem with Cover Girl. Many top girls have modeled for them. If the winner were to appear in a CG commercial or ad, that would be awesome for her, for the show, and for the fans.

As long as the "subtle" advertising isn't squeezed in as clumsily as the whitening pen last season, I can deal!

Quote Originally Posted by jadedomega
    I hope the winner gets a CoverGirl commerical! How cool would that be to get to see an ANTM winner on tv constantly. I wouldn't mind seeing Norelle everyday...

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful, Cover Girl *grin*
    I can definitely see Norelle in those ads! If she can be trained quickly enough over the course of the season, she could win it all.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    I can definitely see Norelle in those ads! If she can be trained quickly enough over the course of the season, she could win it all.
    Aww yes I can totally see that too!