Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unveiling America's Next Top Models!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Unveiling America's Next Top Models!

Unveiling America's Next Top Models!

It will be Lights! Camera! Action! when the third season of "America's Next Top Model" hits the runway on Sept. 22, and a new group of 14 gorgeous gals competes for the title and a modeling contract.

"Diversity is really important for me on the show," explains the show's creator/executive producer/judge TYRA BANKS. "I don't want to have a token black girl, or a token this or that. It is important for me to have a wide variety of ethnicities. As far as their backgrounds, I love the girl who hardly finished high school and the girl who is an Ivy League student right now. It is a nice cross section of America."

On tonight's ET, Tyra will introduce us to the model hopefuls, including the 180-lb. beauty TOCCARA, who aspires to be the first "plus-sized super model", a stripper and a mom, who comprise not only a wide variety of ethnicities, but also a wide spectrum of body types.

"The fashion industry has certain standards," Tyra adds. "There is a certain height and there is a certain body type that will work in this industry, and there is a certain type that won't work in this industry. I can't change that. I don't have that much power, but I do have the power to bend the rules a little bit, maybe get a girl in there who is a little heavier in the hips, who a modeling agency would tell, 'You're great, but come back 10 pounds lighter.'"

As for new elements, Tyra and her co-producers are hoping to keep the show fresh by throwing a few monkey wrenches into certain of the gals' modeling assignments. After all, most of the competitors have watched season 1 and 2, and have some idea of what to expect. But the supermodel turned producer is still hoping to get an "Oh my God!," reaction from the wannabes.

And then there is the unscripted drama that develops naturally from 14 strong women living together in a small space.

"What we do is we cast Type A personalities, very strong women who have their own opinions," Tyra explains. "I do that because I think top models need to know how to speak, they need to know how to give an interview and give an opinion and be able to sell product, not just sit there and be pretty. What happens when you put all these Type A personalities with these strong beliefs in one environment, and make them stay there for two months, is conflict."

Also returning for round three as judges are former supermodel JANICE DICKINSON and high-fashion photographer NIGEL BARKER, who will be joined by renowned fashion stylist NOLÉ MARIN.

For a look at the beauteous bunch who hope to be "America's Next Top Model," tune in to tonight's ET.

There is also an ET video interview there as well.

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/micro/falltv2...ason3premiere/
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

that video clip is awesome! I can finally see Norelle's braces, haha. She talks a little weird..no? and Kristi, ironically has a really girly voice

Tyra's so charismatic! I'm jealous,

FORT Fogey
    A casting episode? Boo! I just want them to get to it. This isn't American Idol ...

Quote Originally Posted by baby_wipes
    I can finally see Norelle's braces, haha. She talks a little weird..no?
    I talked like that when I had braces, too. It's really awkward... but she's still so cute!

In that clip, Kristi somehow doesn't have me convinced.

I predict the Camille:Kelle comparisons will be inaccurate.

xSKATExORxCRYx
    Last year, the preview video made it look like XIOMARA would be the next Robynne, but actually Xiomara was one of the nicest girls in the comp (atleast IMHO). She was pretty aggressive in her casting video but turned out to be a sweetheart.

And who could have predicted that Catie, the wire-stripper, would become a crocodile-tears baby?

You can NEVER tell; that is my prediction!

Quote Originally Posted by stEEvEEdEE
    You can NEVER tell; that is my prediction!
    But guessing is fun.

I never thoughts Xiomara would be a bitch. She appeared needlessly aggressive in the preview, and that did prove to be true, but definitely no Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer
    A casting episode? Boo! I just want them to get to it. This isn't American Idol ...
    I think it'll be cool! I'm looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    I talked like that when I had braces, too. It's really awkward... but she's still so cute!
    lol I had braces too, it didn't affect my speech at all.. actually no one I know/knew with braces had their speech affected.. lol oh well whatever

They did a casting episode (or portion of an episode, I can't remember) in season one. It was hilarious, actually. I can still see Adrianne talking about her humongous feet and being among people of her own kind for the first time (thin, tall, big-footed girls).
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Aw yay, Nigel's back as judge and the new judge is Nole Marin? This will make for a interesting season.

I'm looking forward to the casting episode too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast