Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435

Thread: Tyra Banks

Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    Its a good episode eh? That girl knows a thing or two and definately deserves her good fortune.
    I know I'm late in the game, but can someone give me a quick recap (maybe a few sentences) of what driven said about Tyra's background? I've always liked her and have followed her career, but I never had a chance to see anything about her "rise to the top" with the exception of an interview or two where she talked about getting discovered in the mall by Byron Allen.

I'm just wondering b/c I just read a few older posts that said after seeing that episode of "Driven" he/she was impressed by Tyra.

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    I realy like Tyras alter ego photo. The two expressions are so intense .
    It looks like the photo was taken underwater, espicially the soft Tyra, it looks likes shes drowinging. I think its really nice though.
    Okay...late again. I agree that the pics are good, but I don't see any thing going on BETWEEN the two images in the photo which I thought was part of the point.

I think some of the pictures are of her when she was younger. That's why the weight looks different than her real self right now. And I agree with CCL, everyones weight fluctuates and on a model or anyone fairly skinny 5 to 10 pounds can be a big difference.
    Yeah, she's still way thinner than the average woman.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AfricanQueen
    Yeah, she's still way thinner than the average woman.

Yeah, but that's not good enough to sell clothes. She can't do regular runway work anymore. They want thin. Thin sells the clothes. And, she is about 30. Isn't there a time when a woman gets sick of being a piece of meat? After a while, a model walking the runway gets sad. I have a feeling that her Victoria Secret Days are coming to an end. She's the biggest of the models and not young enough to pull it off.

I must say as much as her hair freaks me out, I really like her covergirl photo. In fact, I think that most of the photos she's done for this season have been impressive. Although, I wish that next year instead of doing a photo with the same "theme" as the other girls, she would do the exact same photo. It would be really nice to be able to compare the girls' portfolios to that of a true top model.