Page 73 of 173 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camara "Yaya" Da Costa Johnson

I do feel that Eva and Yaya have the best personal style. Neither of them have a style that resembles my own in any way, but they both have a befitting signature look and some cute pieces. I think the only other contestant (from any season) who had that going on was Elyse.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    I do feel that Eva and Yaya have the best personal style. Neither of them have a style that resembles my own in any way, but they both have a befitting signature look and some cute pieces. I think the only other contestant (from any season) who had that going on was Elyse.
    Totally agree.
    Yoanna, Ebony and Xiomara imo were on the better side.
    Adrianne and Shandi(first 4 episodes)
    I'm so so over Amanda, she went down my rank with the red carpet style, especially "those shades"

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Yaya has when better stlye than Eva, especially in the earlier episodes. Most of her more classier numbers are terrific. Eva lost style points when she wore that ghastly pink number in episode one during the finalist selection process.

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran
    Yaya has when better stlye than Eva, especially in the earlier episodes. Most of her more classier numbers are terrific. Eva lost style points when she wore that ghastly pink number in episode one during the finalist selection process.

No she doesn't. I mean that is your opinion ,but I think Ya-Ya
    and Eva are about the same. Ya-Ya is all Afrocentric. Eva
    represents versatility. Eva can put something on so simple and make
    it stylish. Like last week. Regular gray capris' and a white halter. She
    threw on some mega white heels. Bam!!!

Style across the board, but that's just my opinion.

Ya-Ya's style is just too rigid. Not, that she(Ya-Ya) ain't beautiful though,
    because she is.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Yaya's style is more centered and focused while Eva represent versatility (as Ether04 mentioned), edginess and simplicity which is by far more interesting - for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FairytaleDREAMS
    Yaya's style is more centered and focused while Eva represent versatility (as Ether04 mentioned), edginess and simplicity which is by far more interesting - for me anyway.

Me too

what was up with Toccarra saying that Yaya was staring everybody down, and that she was cold? Interesting assessment from Toccarra, I think...............

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTimeBear
    what was up with Toccarra saying that Yaya was staring everybody down, and that she was cold? Interesting assessment from Toccarra, I think...............
    I think that was classic Toccara, calling it like she saw it. She just couldn't let that absolutely ridiculous statement go by without comment...

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Jonathan: Who did you get along with best in the house?
    Nicole: Best, I'd say is Norelle just because she is such a sweetheart. There is not a negative bone in her body. There is not a negative thing about her and I just- she's just a beautiful person. And Yaya as well because she was so intelligent and all my friends are like that. I never felt like she was all "high and mighty." It was like Eva could say what she said and it's cute but Yaya says what she wants and it's high and mighty. I think there was a double standard going on?
    Last edited by quangtran; 11-26-2004 at 09:18 PM. Reason: grammer

After the re-cap, show I have even more respect for Yaya. She seems reasonable and fair, and able to sum up a situation very quickly and keep her cool doing so ( except when she was on the phone ). I have yet to see an example of her 'arrogance' that the judges keep accusing her of, it's just that compared to the rest of the girls, she's so much wiser. Ann is my favorite to win, but Yaya rocks for personality and perception.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-28-2007, 02:36 AM