Page 55 of 173 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Camara "Yaya" Da Costa Johnson

FORT Fogey
    Its not a huge deal - it just bugged me a lot. She's always going on about her intelligence and then goes mouthing off and talks without speaking and sounded dumb. I found it amusing.

agreed. she's most definently picking up camille traits cause that girl, you couldn't tell her her attitude need readjusting, and with yaya, you cant tell her to be more versatile. first it was the dancing, now her heritage. she needs to realize she's stepping into the modeling world, the modeling isn't stepping into yaya's world, she got the point none-the-less.

Kao
    WTF, nobody's telling Amanda or any of the other models to "tone down that white thing." I'm sure they could tell that she was Afro-centric in the first place; some designers would actually see that as an atribute that she DOESN'T look like everyone else! I found that insulting as hell that the 'you're too black" thing even came out of their mouths.

especially that weird woman when she said "da sheeky" - isn't that a mispronounciation?

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    especially that weird woman when she said "da sheeky" - isn't that a mispronounciation?
    i believe that is proper pronunciation, but i wouldnt really know, im white.

FORT Fogey
    I think the Yaya thing was that she's constantly wearing African clothes, which I actually think is good because I don't like 'melting pot' societies. I don't neccesarily like her clothes, but if she wants to wear them thats great - but it doesnt fit in with the assignment.

Kao
    *sigh* i have a bad feeling that if Julie was still around they would have stuck a sari in there somewhere, and then bagged on her for being "too ethnic."

Just out of curiosity, was the scarf one of Yayas or was it in the pile of stuff? I thought they were looking to see how well you put the outfit together and the originality of it....guess not.

i was appalled when she said cheap material and tralalalala going on and on !! i was like alrightie thanks for the edu-ma-ca-tion yaya

but i still love her face, i call it snooty-sweet

go yaya

Kao
    LOL! ANTMrox, you crack me up with the tra-la-la!

did you notice her voice cracking as she was lecturing? it sounded like whew, educating the clueless masses really takes the wind out of me!!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-28-2007, 01:36 AM