Page 14 of 173 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Camara "Yaya" Da Costa Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    they can "correct" just about anything in production, but it does require extra time and expense. For that reason, I think most companies would prefer to use a girl who doesn't have those problems.
    but to my knowledge ALL shots are airbrushed in the industry, maybe 1 in 1,000 require no airbrushing whatsoever. someone correct me if this is totally wrong information

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    but to my knowledge ALL shots are airbrushed in the industry, maybe 1 in 1,000 require no airbrushing whatsoever. someone correct me if this is totally wrong information
    you are right, airbrushing has been a huge thing for years and I have a cousin who did some modeling for those prom magazines, and if you saw her you would notice she is all freckles, but in the pictures, all freckles she had in life were airbrushed away and replaced with a nice tan body. And she was no where near a top model, so they airbrush a lot.

I was really disappointed with this picture. No model potential whatsoever here, and her skin problem is going to be an issue. I'm hoping it was just a bad shot, though.

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    I think most people are being too hard on these pictures. I mean, they used little or no make-up, no real lighting and the direction Jay Manuel was giving was elusive and inconcrete. Did they take a bunch of pictures or just one? Because if it was just one, then of course not everyone is gonna nail the picture.

of course they airbrush just about every single picture.. but even so they still prefer models with clear skin

Quote Originally Posted by TymeMarteen
    I think most people are being too hard on these pictures. I mean, they used little or no make-up, no real lighting and the direction Jay Manuel was giving was elusive and inconcrete. Did they take a bunch of pictures or just one? Because if it was just one, then of course not everyone is gonna nail the picture.
    I mean half the people up here didnt even like the people they like until the show cuz we we all know the upn pictures did half the girls no justice so i mean give it some time they may work wonders with her skins there are ways of goin around it.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    I like her eye shape a lot actually.

Great face, but too short and not great skin. Kelle will outshine her in the beautiful black girl department.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Great face, but too short and not great skin. Kelle will outshine her in the beautiful black girl department.
    I beg to differ. Yaya's face is more striking and she has a better body. With proper care her skin can, and hopefully will, be less of an issue. Plus her personality far outshines Kelle's. And as we saw last season with Mercedes, personality will take you a long ways...

FORT Fogey
    Im also rooting for Kelle, Yaya just tickle me funny...we'll see...

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-28-2007, 01:36 AM