Page 13 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Camara "Yaya" Da Costa Johnson

omg she is very very pretty.. i hope she wins! or atleast get far in the competition

yaya... wow.. what can i say.. aboslutely flawless... theres nothing wrong with her.. shes sooo BEAUTIFULLL!... omg... and what can i say her face is very pretty... and her SKIN... uh sooo HOT!... wow... cant belive shes still african though... wow her skin is light for an african gurl... =D

Quote Originally Posted by J0LLY-13
    yaya... wow.. what can i say.. aboslutely flawless... theres nothing wrong with her.. shes sooo BEAUTIFULLL!... omg... and what can i say her face is very pretty... and her SKIN... uh sooo HOT!... wow... cant belive shes still african though... wow her skin is light for an african gurl... =D
    Flawless? *points to her forehead*

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Flawless? *points to her forehead*
    That will probably work against her. Remember Tyra's problems with Ebony's complexion in season one (black women have to have skin like buttah)? Of course, I doubt Yaya will go about it the same way Ebony did, namely lubing herself up to the point where she slid insted of walked.
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

FORT Fogey
    and she's not exactly at perfect height...

Of course her skin will work against her, if we're hearing about it already. Acne problems don't go away overnight, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's already been working with a dermatologist. Usually, treatments take several weeks to start having an effect and the skin gets worse before it gets better. She could do everything right (water, vitamins, washing, sleep, medicine, etc.) and it's possible that her skin could still not clear.

I don't think her height will be even half as important an issue, especially since she's one of several shorties. At least she doesn't have one of those really short, muscular physiques that Jenascia and Eva do.

I've removed several recent posts here, and consider this your warning:

If you attack or flame or insult another member of this site, you will be removed. Plain and simple.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by J0LLY-13
    wow... cant belive shes still african though... wow her skin is light for an african gurl... =D
    I'm sure this comment was made out of naivety and not prejudice or racism, but African women(just like black women all over the globe) come in many different shades. From midnight black to as light as Halle Berry. Just thought I'd educate you on that before you say that to the wrong person.

That's what I was trying to say. There are many light skinned African girls and many pretty ones too. And many dark ones too.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    about Yaya's skin, that type of disorder is minor and easy to correct. it's mostly from stress. the fix is sleep, more water and vegetables at lunch and dinner
    I agree. Yaya's acne will clear up. I went to the UPN videos to just listen to all the girls and get to know them. One thing that struck out for me was how clear Yaya's skin was during the interviews. She looks absolutely breathtaking and her skin is clear, or can be dealt with. The panelists probably thought so or she would not have made it to the final 14. Her eyes and lips are beautiful.

As far as her height goes, she definitely might take heat for her size, but when they had Tyra calling out the final 14, from the top 20 girls, I noticed that Yaya had on sneakers, so there she appears much shorter than everyone else, who had on heels.

So her skin and her height are definitely minuses, but she's got so many positives, that I know she will be one of the final 3 - - and being one of the top 3 is definitely a plus!!! Her skin will get better!!!

Now that she's graduated, I bet the stress of lectures, final exams, papers, etc.... and more attention to her diet will help her skin.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-28-2007, 01:36 AM