Page 12 of 173 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Camara "Yaya" Da Costa Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    After watching the Video of her on UPN, I have concluded Yaya is a stunning, beautiful, intelligent, inspirational induvidual. You can totaly tell she is kind, and down to eart, and her inner beauty combined with her outer beauty is breathtaking
    We didn't see much, but from what we saw Yaya is classy, articulate and charming. It is such a relief to see an African American woman who comes across this way. I'm really getting tired of the idea that beautiful intelligent African American women are the "b*tch of the house." Do we need another Omarossa or Camille? I would take ten Yaya's (forehead acne and all) over them!!!! Go Yaya!

(p.s. Yaya, please be nice again next week so I'm not eating my words...)
    Shaken, not stirred.

Hi, Martini!

Good to see you back!

Always love your comments!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by martini
    (p.s. Yaya, please be nice again next week so I'm not eating my words...)
    haha i dont think you have to worry, Yaya doesnt seem like the type...

Good luck to my Nigerian sister. Keep up the good work Yaya. Make Nigeria proud.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Na Yaya seems like the nice/sweet girl of this house this cycle

Isn't that weird? She's the daughter of an African priest and yet she wants to be a model. I wonder how her dad feels about that. It doesn't seem like he cares, because she never talked about her family not wanting her to model. I guess her parents are not as strict as mine. If your family doesn't support you, I'll be your support yaya.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtwill1975
    Nothing that airbrushing can't clear up...

Air brushing is expensive and why would they (agencies) want to hire someone who would end up being an extra cost.

I like Yaya, alot.

But I just don't think she has "it" now from seeing her in the first episode. The skin is way worse than Ebony's was - and they gave her so much crap for that.

I think Yaya will last about midway through.

Quote Originally Posted by FairytaleDREAMS
    Na Yaya seems like the nice/sweet girl of this house this cycle
    Yes, she does. She seems very sweet!

FORT Regular

Go Yaya

Yaya could win. She has amazing eyes, and if they do any competitions that involve speaking, she has a nice voice, almost musical (Amanda's got a nice voice too).

About the skin, lots of models have bad skin, from all the makeup and everything. She could just go to a derm and be improved enough that she can model. I was mad when they gave Ebony so much crap about that. Send the girls who need it to a dermatologist with some of that makeover money!

Anti All Things CoverGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000CatsDreamin
    Air brushing is expensive and why would they (agencies) want to hire someone who would end up being an extra cost.

I like Yaya, alot.

But I just don't think she has "it" now from seeing her in the first episode. The skin is way worse than Ebony's was - and they gave her so much crap for that.

I think Yaya will last about midway through.

I was just about to say the same thing. Yes, they can "correct" just about anything in production, but it does require extra time and expense. For that reason, I think most companies would prefer to use a girl who doesn't have those problems. Heck - It's not like there are a shortage of wannabe models in the world.

I hope that you are all right and her skin will clear up (assuming that the judges keep her around long enough for that to happen.) For the most part, Ya Ya photographs well, and seems to have a great personality. I just don't know if that will be enough to outweigh her skin condition and (lack of) height..

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-28-2007, 01:36 AM