Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Toccara Elaine Jones

Delurking for a minute, as a nurse I can tell you we do look at body frame as a guide as well as muscle vs fat. BMI may not be full proof, but it does give you a ballpark figure to shoot for. cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm

You Go Girl. I also think Tocarra is confident and is proud of who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelGirl
    Danger Bunny you are very correct muscle and frame size all play into what is a healthy weight as well as genetics. But where did you get your scale?
    I just calculated it mathematically starting with a base at 5' and 100 lbs. If a person is 2% taller, 2% wider and 2% thicker then another, they will be 6.1208% heavier (all other factors being the same).

You can weigh a whole lot less than many of those weights and still be considered healthy.
    That's was my real point, any such simple table is pretty much useless because of what it doesn't take into account..

Quote Originally Posted by JenKatt
    Delurking for a minute, as a nurse I can tell you we do look at body frame as a guide as well as muscle vs fat. BMI may not be full proof, but it does give you a ballpark figure to shoot for. cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm
    BMI is just as bad as any other simple table (plus it doesn't calculate taller sizes properly -- it only calculates increases in size in two dimensions). Take myself as an example: I'm 6'8", at 280 lbs I look pretty good, it's a good weight for me. But the BMI table lists me as obese -- someone 6'8" with a 37" waist is not obese. According to the BMI table I'd have to get down to 225 lbs just to squeak into the top of the "normal" range.

For another example take The Rock (WWE Wrestler and movie star). At 6'5" and 255 lbs, his BMI is 30.2 which puts him in the Obese column. That's just insane, does anyone consider this guy obese?

The only simple table that I give any validity to is BF% (Body Fat Percentage).
    Last edited by Danger Bunny; 09-15-2004 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Added the Rock example.

The only simple table that I give any validity to is BF% (Body Fat Percentage).[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I too think BMI is not an accurate test. Toccara could be at a very healthly weight for her. But she doesn't look like she has terribly a lot of muscle.

Call me snob or a weight discriminator, but I think people are more aesthetically pleasing (male or female) when they are thinner.

FORT Newbie

Call me snob or a weight discriminator, but I think people are more aesthetically pleasing (male or female) when they are thinner.
    why would anybody call you a snob? I'm a guy and I tend to like "thick" curvy women.... people just like what they like

You're okay, Georgie. Tanyabean's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I agree, Salome.

I think she is really rather lovely.
    I hope she doesn't turn out to be really unpleasant.
    There is no reason why she would, but we know every season someone will turn out to be not nice
    Ditto, my child.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Now here's a girl who actually is plus size, not pseudo plus size. It's about time.
    I have to agree. It's been maddening to hear them call a woman, who was at best a size 8/10, PLUS size.

FORT Newbie
    and another thing She had beautiful skin
    and her eyes were very different shaped
    She stoled the show not by showing off her body
    Cause I wont have know that she was if someone didnt tell me
    she is more beautiful in person
    She was smaller then but i think that she looks alot better now

I absolutely love Toccara's attitude. She is very proud of her body type and skin. I love her confidence. Did anyone hear Jay Alexander's comment when Toccara was in her bikini? something along the lines of "she looks like she's hiding full grown dogs in there" I'm not sure how long Toccara will last but I can see Janice complain about her at every elimination.