Page 7 of 117 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Toccara Elaine Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Some people can be healthy and overweight, just as some people can be naturally skinny. It's hard to judge whether an individual is healthy or not just by looking.
    Salome, you are correct. I am a naturally thin person, and I hate it when people make comments about how I need to eat more or tell me I'm to thin or don't look healthy. I think I look great!

I guess what really bothers me is that our society says it's ok to tell thin people they need to fatten up a bit or that they look to think. However, if anyone of the girls in the house or someone she knew (besides Janice or a doctor) ever said that to her that she was fat it would be considered un-PC and mean. I guess I am just a bit oversensitive. I feel there is somewhat of a double standard.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    No you are right travel girl, if I went to a skinny looking person and I said it would be great if you ate a little more it wouldnt be as bad as me going to an overweight looking person and saying that they need to lose a bit of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelGirl
    Salome, you are correct. I am a naturally thin person, and I hate it when people make comments about how I need to eat more or tell me I'm to thin or don't look healthy. I think I look great!

I guess what really bothers me is that our society says it's ok to tell thin people they need to fatten up a bit or that they look to think. However, if anyone of the girls in the house or someone she knew (besides Janice or a doctor) ever said that to her that she was fat it would be considered un-PC and mean. I guess I am just a bit oversensitive. I feel there is somewhat of a double standard.
    I completely agree, there is definitely a double-standard! It is just seen as right and fine when someone tells a thin person they should gain weight but rude and harsh when someone tells an overweight person they should lose weight.. it's really stupid.

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    The picture that Pleightx posted isn't working so here it is again;

A close up shot.
    I think she might be a bit heavy in the thighs to pull the win out (it could be the product of an unfortunate pair of jeans), plus there's always the rabid Janice patrol. Still, I'd count on her to finish pretty high up- she's got some serious curves. And does anyone else love her shoes in that first picture?
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

Big Girl... Pretty, But Big

FORT Fan
    Wow! Just saw the "5 reasons to watch ANTM" tease ad, twice last night. I saw a water fight, then Yaya-looking real pretty, swaying her hands in the air, then about 4 of the models come out in bikinis....and then Toccara comes out in a little brown bikini...I HAVE TO HAND IT TO HER...SHE CARRIES 'BIG' WITH CONFIDENCE AND IT SHOWS THAT SHE IS PROUD OF WHO SHE IS. YOU GO GIRL!!!

I LOVE IT!!!! Toccara knows she's up against a modleing industry that likes 'small & thin.' What's great about Toccara is that she has the strength and probably the 'chutzpah' to ignore all the jokes and tirades that she gets and will get for being the so-called plus-sized model. She's going to show, and hopefully teach, a lot of girls, women, and men too, that true beauty is from within....She and all the other models just have it in & outside too.

OOOps!! My bad!!! Did I just say that!!!! some 'beauties' have it on the outside, but DON'T have it on the inside...I GUESS WILL SEE WHO HAS 'TRULY WHAT' WHEN THE SHOW BEGINS...TOCCARA BE PROUD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelGirl
    Toccara is a beautiful girl, but she is overweight and that's not healthy. More people in this country die from being overweight than almost anything else. So why are so many happy there is representation of plus size models on the show? She is as poor of a role model as any waif like model.
    I think that some of the super skinny models, and the modelling world in general are just as bad influences. A general guide for the appropriate weight of a person is, for every inch over 5 ft., add five pounds to 100. Therefore, someone who is 5' 10" should approximately weigh 150lbs. Anything within 5 pounds of that range is considered normal and healthy. This guide can be misleading, as it doesn't take into account muscle vs fat, but it gives a general idea of a healthy weight. Therefore, many of the models are 30-40lbs underweight, whereas Toccarra is 30-40 over. I guess the fact that Shandi weighed 100 pounds at 5' 10" is frightening considering how underweight she is. The modelling world really needs an overhaul, in my opinion, although it shouldn't be blamed for eating disorders that are so prevalent in our country.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by starlette01350
    I think that some of the super skinny models, and the modelling world in general are just as bad influences. A general guide for the appropriate weight of a person is, for every inch over 5 ft., add five pounds to 100. Therefore, someone who is 5' 10" should approximately weigh 150lbs.
    That formula works for the first few inches (5' through about 5'5") but starts to fall apart after that. If we are talking a proportionate increase in size, in other words if a person is 10% taller they are also 10% wider (left to right) and ten percent thicker (front to back) then we get the following table:

5' 0'' - 100 lbs
    5' 1'' - 105 lbs
    5' 2'' - 110 lbs
    5' 3'' - 116 lbs
    5' 4'' - 121 lbs
    5' 5'' - 127 lbs
    5' 6'' - 133 lbs
    5' 7'' - 139 lbs
    5' 8'' - 146 lbs
    5' 9'' - 152 lbs
    5' 10'' - 159 lbs
    5' 11'' - 166 lbs
    6' 0'' - 173 lbs

In reality any such simple table is almost useless because it doesn't take into account structural differences in a person's skeletal structure not to mention the amount of muscle they have.

In regards to starlette01350 and Danger Bunny's post - starlette01350, I agree eating disorders are a problem in this country but nothing like being overweight or obesity. As a country as a whole, we are fat, fat, fat not even close to being healthy.

Danger Bunny you are very correct muscle and frame size all play into what is a healthy weight as well as genetics. But where did you get your scale? You can weigh a whole lot less than many of those weights and still be considered healthy.

5' 0'' - 100 lbs
    Yep, that's me. And people think I'm anorexic because I barely eat.