Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Toccara Elaine Jones

She carries 180 pounds better than I do, then again we aren't seeing her with errr... few enough clothes to tell how it's distributed (other than the obvious places).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by SayYes19
    If she actually says that, then us "plus-size" girls are going to eat HER alive!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I meant the First Black Plus Size Super Model.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by altcool
    Big is in. You go girl. I think is is wonderful that American Next Top Model recognizes that the majority of American women fall into the plus-size category....as define by an unimaginative design industry who cannot design for anyone other than size 6 and below. I am curious to see how the industry responds to the challenge and if they have the vision and creativity to seize the opportunity that Tocarra presents and design stylish clothes for the plus-size person...a large untapped market...I bet they can't. I remember when plus really meant plus 16 and above now is 10, 12, 14, 16 and above..

I am curious as to what they will give Tocarra to wear....a stylish design or will it be off the rank...

I have to admire Tocarra wanting to be the First Black SuperModel. I wish her the best....
    I think Toccara will definitely be a factor as well as a challange, particularly to stylist. If she is a 14-16, they will have a hard time putting her in Designer wear. But she is pretty, hopefully she has a personality that will take her to the top. If she doesn't do well, I think they should stop choosing plus size models to be contestants, especially with the deck so stacked against them, especially for high fashion modeling. Eventhough, most of the American women who watch are double digit size designers and marketers still try to make them want to be a size 6. Many women are happy with 10, 12, 14. etc, it's time for REAL designers to wake up.
    Last edited by lamill2; 09-10-2004 at 10:11 PM.

FORT Newbie

Plus sizes represent

Quote Originally Posted by SayYes19
    If she actually says that, then us "plus-size" girls are going to eat HER alive!!!

Plus size women who are proud of themselves have to demand fair treatment from the fashion media, designers, and even stylist. Whoever comes up with a truly well crafted plus size line...not just comfortable and tasteful...but truly stylish, fashionable and daring...they will be Billonaires beyond reason.
    i mean we are used to seeing delicate lines and designs from all the big houses, but imagine a plus size Anna Sui, or Lagerfield, Moschino or even Comme des Garcons'. This are designers who definetly have the fashion vision and name to make plus size Couture possible.

think that Tyra knows that a plus size model wont make it on her show.. but I think she just chooses them to show america that EVEN IF your big you could still follow your dream :rolleyes

Toccara is a beautiful girl, but she is overweight and that's not healthy. More people in this country die from being overweight than almost anything else. So why are so many happy there is representation of plus size models on the show? She is as poor of a role model as any waif like model.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelGirl
    Toccara is a beautiful girl, but she is overweight and that's not healthy. More people in this country die from being overweight than almost anything else. So why are so many happy there is representation of plus size models on the show? She is as poor of a role model as any waif like model.
    Toccara might be a tad overweight, but not to the point of being unhealthy! Shes actually quite average! Although i agree shes not top model material, i don't think shes promoting an unhealthy body type !

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    Toccara might be a tad overweight, but not to the point of being unhealthy! Shes actually quite average! Although i agree shes not top model material, i don't think shes promoting an unhealthy body type !
    To me being overweight at any amount is unhealthy especially considering the weight problem this country has.

She may be average because our country is overweight. Of course everyone has their own opinion, and we all have different perspective.

Some people can be healthy and overweight, just as some people can be naturally skinny. It's hard to judge whether an individual is healthy or not just by looking.