Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: Toccara Elaine Jones

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreddd
    Is it just me, or does it seem like they're trying to seriously "break" all of these girls - with "Mister" Jay (who, by the way, sucks MONSTROUS ass as a calls-himself-"art director") and Janice being the worst violators? If that's the case, then they nearly succeeded in wrecking Toccara. I truly, truly, truly wish her big, beautiful success from this point on.
    It does seem to me that the judges are harsher this year. Does that equal bigger ratings? Or are the models worse this year &, thus, face more criticism? As for Mr Jay - :phhht to him.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

If anyone close to Toccara is lurking, please know that I'm very disappointed that she didn't last a few more rounds. She's beautiful and seems to have a good grasp of who she is and what she wants. I wish her much success.

FORT Newbie

Good Luck Toccara.

As a Toccara fan, I must say that I was disappointed with her performance on last night's show.

Girl was defeated by a contagious negative attitude.

The ugly older *thafirstsupamodel* stepsister's hating finally beat Toccara down.

I guess I was hoping for Super Woman.

Most people, given the hate and negativity of some of the circumstances, would have broken down like Toccara. And this broken spirit was reflected in her pictures (she did look dead) and her lack of interaction with the panel (if she had shown some spirit with the panel, I think she would have still been on the show... she was sleep walking there. No excuses, she deserved to get cut right there).

Also, if everyone is dissing the fact that the Tarantulla is over highlighted in the pic, shouldn't some of the blame be placed on the art director and the photographer for advancing that pic? Seems to me, they could have selected a more presentable pic (it wouldn't have mattered much, she was dead in that photo shoot, but still, it wasn't totally her fault that that pic was selected).

But it hurts to see someone like Toccara, who has the vibrancy and spunk of a good self-esteem, be temporarily broken down by the haters and the inherent bias within the model culture. Maybe she was just too immature.

Also, she would have benefitted greatly from some personal coaching or personal counseling, during the show. Tyra offered professional help to Cassie during the show (regarding her eating disorder); it would have been nice if Toccara would have had someone else other than the other models to talk to.

I think, all it would have taken for her to avoid elimination this past show, was some coaching.

But, this show (as is the modeling industry, as far as I can tell) is inherently bias against plus-size models competing against the norm.

I'm talking about little things like last night's visit to that well-known (of course, I can't remember the name right now) discount designer clothing store... and giving them 15 minutes to come up with an ensemble (Toccara was beaten before they started the clock... she doesn't know how to shop under such difficult circumstances for her sizes *she really needed a hungry stylist at that point*).

Hopefully, it's just a temporary malfunction and she gets her head on straight again.

She needs to get a dynamite manager (one who believes in her and sets up a great game plan) and put some work in.

She can't be lazy like some of those other models. *Some of those skinny models had very unathletic bodies and horrible eating habits, relying primarily on heredity*

Sorry plus-size fans, I think she does need to get in better physical shape (cut some fat, at least 10 pounds), get a regular hour or two of exercise in every day. Cut out much of that junk food eating.

She'll still be much bigger than the other models (outside the norm), but she should quit billing herself as a "plus-size" supermodel aspirant. I got the impression that by continually emphasizing "plus-size," she was allowing herself to eat unhealthy and not have to exercise.

To be honest, my biggest attraction to Toccara was her cleavage. I think that was pretty obvious in my previous posts. She does have a pretty face, nice skin and all that, but it was her cleavage that got my attention. That's being honest. I also liked the fact that it was her against all the skinny waifs.

I pictured Toccara's modeling career being that of a Anna Nicole Smith (before she plumped up like a Butterball turkey) or that of a Lisa Nicole Carson (before she fell in love with giving oral love to a crack pipe)... a busty, sexy pin-up type of model. *Maybe she needs to change her name to Toccara Nicole Jones*

I do find most of the other remaining contestants rather pedestrian (I live in SoCal... so I'm used to seeing all types of beautiful women), but, then again, I don't find most runway models attractive. So, I'm not a great judge on this.

She lost the battle (the competition), but can still win the war.

Actually, I think Toccara should check out another reality show like Extreme Makeover (well, in her case, Not So Extreme Makeover). Have her working out with the super trainer (lost some body fat), have her redo her diet, deal with her insecurities, do some lypo (please, don't touch the breasts!) and have her work with a friendly stylist. Some hard work on her part and some lypo, and she'd get lots of modeling work.

Good luck, Toccara.

You should be able to get lots of work in movies and television as the sexy vamp. And don't shy away from showing off that cleavage. I agree with the judges, that choice of cowboy hat was wack, but it could have worked better if you went sexier with the wife beater and shown more of your cleavage. Your Grand Canyon cleavage makes your waist look smaller *What waist?*.

* PS---Was she really a former stripper, like it said in one media story?
    Last edited by lamarkdotcom; 11-11-2004 at 04:15 PM.

(Toccara was beaten before they started the clock... she doesn't know how to shop under such difficult circumstances for her sizes *she really needed a hungry stylist at that point*).
    What appears to be is not always so. I shop at Century 21 myself...her size was not in the section the girls was shopping from. Was she allowed to shop elsewhere i.e., in another section or floor which had her size...I think that is the question.

I am glad Tocarra went out being the Cover Girl Model of the week for 4 weeks in a row and with the highest rating on UPN poll for your favorite. She beat YaYa (2) and Eva (3) in the poll. If one has to leave I am glad it was in a blaze of glory with high rating from the fans. If it was difficult for the no talent stylist to find clothes for her here imagine next week when they take off to Japan...it would be even harder...which is why she is gone....

Regarding the dead eyes....It always amazing me that we believe what we hear and do not look closely at what is taking place or is being played out...Through editing we can create whatever image we want...for example Where is YAYA from...Is she an American or African?....what appears to be is not always so....Is she condensing or is that the image that is being put forth...

Tocarra shot was great....compare hers to some of the others really compare them...

Quote Originally Posted by lamarkdotcom
    * PS---Was she really a former stripper, like it said in one media story?
    I believe that's true.. although how come they never mentioned it on the show and they mentioned Cassie's being a stripper sooooo much?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_wipes
    I believe that's true.. although how come they never mentioned it on the show and they mentioned Cassie's being a stripper sooooo much?
    Where did the stripper story come from? Would love to read that article.

FORT Fogey
    I agree about the Playboy thing although its probably in her contract that she's not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by baby_wipes
    That's because Cassie is the one mentioning her being a stripper soooo much. The girl's got issues.

Kao
    Unfortunately, I think that even if Tocarra had pulled off the shot of the century, they would have still picked her to go tonight. I hope she goes on to bigger and better things and sees her name in lights.

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    It takes a special kind of competitor to go out with basically everyone in the home audience at her back- I can only remember Kesse and Sara having done it previously. I think we're all grateful that we had Toccara and her positive attitude to break up the seemingly insurmountable negativity this season.

Good luck, Toccara. (If you showed up in Vogue, I'd buy it.)
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk