Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Toccara Elaine Jones

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysandnever
    Since it was previously recorded... does this mean Janice is digesting as we speak?

Probably.

But let's face it . . . Toccara is good for at least a couple of meals, I'd say!

And even though Toccara definitely does NOT fall into what I'd term as being the dog category, Janice's history of not thinking much of plus-sized models is well-documented (and commented on), by now!

To me, it's just a hoot to imagine what in the world she'll have to say about this particular girl this time around!

Last edited by ness; 09-07-2004 at 01:04 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

It's About Time

Big is in. You go girl. I think is is wonderful that American Next Top Model recognizes that the majority of American women fall into the plus-size category....as define by an unimaginative design industry who cannot design for anyone other than size 6 and below. I am curious to see how the industry responds to the challenge and if they have the vision and creativity to seize the opportunity that Tocarra presents and design stylish clothes for the plus-size person...a large untapped market...I bet they can't. I remember when plus really meant plus 16 and above now is 10, 12, 14, 16 and above..

I am curious as to what they will give Tocarra to wear....a stylish design or will it be off the rank...

I have to admire Tocarra wanting to be the First Black SuperModel. I wish her the best....

I just don't get Tyra's reasoning in choosing her, though. ITA that she is beautiful, and that she is much closer to the shape of the average American woman, and that more design attention should be given to them (okay, us). But why does Tyra choose plus-size models yet keep Janice on the panel? She has to know there's no way Toccara can ever win. Is it just to give the larger girls some national exposure?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by altcool
    I have to admire Tocarra wanting to be the First Black SuperModel. I wish her the best....
    Hmm there are so many black supermodels.. if she EVER becomes a supermodel, there is no way she will be the first.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    But why does Tyra choose plus-size models yet keep Janice on the panel? She has to know there's no way Toccara can ever win. Is it just to give the larger girls some national exposure?
    My thoughts, exactly.

If Janice backs down on her "plus-sized girls CANNOT be supermodels" stance this year, call 911 for me, immediately.

Yet, Tyra keeps choosing plus-sized girls, and has also selected Janice as a judge for the third time running.

What's up with that?

Toccara (nice face notwithstanding) is gonna be a Janice target, like it or not.

If a plus-sized girl is ever gonna win, then it seems to me that Janice is gonna have to go.

And I don't see that happening in the near or distant future.

Unless Janice makes the call herself and walks out.
    Last edited by ness; 09-10-2004 at 03:52 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

IMHO Tocara is a cheap imitation of Queen Latifah. she's on the show for the spice factor

Quote Originally Posted by altcool
    altcool, do you mean black plus size super model?

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    If I had a choice between either have plus-sized models in the show or having Janice on the panel (Choosing only one) THEN OF COURSE JANICE!! She is so entertaining!

Without Janice, judging time would be quiet boring for me.

But the thing is, even if Toccara was in an all plus-size modelling competition, she still wouldn't standout.

Quote Originally Posted by pleightx
    But the thing is, even if Toccara was in an all plus-size modelling competition, she still wouldn't standout.
    Amen.

If Janice backs down on her "plus-sized girls CANNOT be supermodels" stance this year, call 911 for me, immediately.
    If she actually says that, then us "plus-size" girls are going to eat HER alive!!!
    We bout to throw dem bows
    We bout to swang dem thangs
    It's 'bout to be a what? Girlfight!