Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Toccara Elaine Jones

mm i dont know i like her but i cant see her going that far or maybe in the middle but it would be nice if she got far but being wit janice for 2 cycles i know what she doesnt like and janice has problems not everyone wants to get work done like her!

Tyra Adds Plus-size Model Wannabe To Reality Show.

IT'S ABOUT TIME THAT BIG GIRLS REPRESENT.

TYRA BANKS is hoping to challenge America's idea of true beauty by including a plus-size model wannabe in the new season of her hit reality TV show.

The supermodel-turned-TV producer has picked 180lb beauty TOCCARA among the contestants for the third season of the AMERICA's NEXT TOP MODEL show, which she created.

She says, "Diversity is really important for me on the show. I don't want to have a token black girl, or a token this or that. It is important for me to have a wide variety of ethnicities.

"As far as their backgrounds, I love the girl who hardly finished high school and the girl who is an Ivy League student right now. It is a nice cross-section of America."

Toccara, a former stripper, hopes to become the first "plus-sized super model."

Banks adds, "The fashion industry has certain standards - there is a certain height and there is a certain body type that will work in this industry, and there is a certain type that won't work in this industry.

"I can't change that. I don't have that much power, but I do have the power to bend the rules a little bit, maybe get a girl in there who is a little heavier in the hips."

http://contactmusic.com

oh my god she use to be a stripper?! o lord... i guess thats where she gets her confidence if she doesnt care men seeing her naked then i bet she wont mind doing nude photo shoots or janice saying some stuff about her but if she does say it right in front of her and she talks back they might go back to the diva additude like camille

FORT Fogey
    If you're going to make it as a plus-sized super model, you'd better be freakin' gorgeous, and I don't think she is. She looks like she could be working in my office or something--not a model type IMO.

She's got a phone sex voice!

Toccara:"watch out girls cause big is in!"

Quote Originally Posted by pin0yb0y
    Toccara:"watch out girls cause big is in!"
    America get ready!

Anti All Things CoverGirl
    Beautiful face
    Beautiful skin
    Unfortunate outfit
    Unlikely to win as she is "real" plus-size, not "fashion industry" plus size. I don't think she could do high fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    Unlikely to win as she is "real" plus-size, not "fashion industry" plus size. I don't think she could do high fashion.
    No, of course not. As far as I know, plus size couture doesn't even exist.

It's important to note that the plus size industry is almost totally distinct from the straight size. (So, in a way, she isn't truly competing against the other girls.) Supposing she won, I think she would do fine in her particular market. I'm not a huge fan of her face, but I like how she holds herself.

Plus size models usually wear from a size 10 to a size 16, but sizes 8, 18 and 20 are also accepted. I can't make a guess as to her size, but I'm pretty sure she fits somewhere within that range.

For reference: Emme is 5' 11" and 200 pounds; Mia Tyler is 5' 7 1/2" and 145 pounds.

I'm just glad that this time around the token plus size girl is finally (A) big enough (B) proportional (C) tall enough (D) not severely handicapped in some way, at least as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer
    If you're going to make it as a plus-sized super model, you'd better be freakin' gorgeous, and I don't think she is. She looks like she could be working in my office or something--not a model type IMO.
    Unfortunately, that's true. Most of the plus-size girls super models are ridiculously beautiful. Here are my plus-size faves:

Kate Dillon

Mia Tyler (yep, Liv's sister)

Sophie Dahl (she's lost a lot of weight though, and doesn't look half as good as she used to. A reminder that not everyone is designed to look their best skinny.)