Page 14 of 117 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Toccara Elaine Jones

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Wow thanks again jaded! This is the first time I see Mary, and she has a beautiful face!

Anyway, Toccara's photo freaks me out as well. Do any of you remember Robin's swimsuit photoshoot (the second photoshoot), she looked soo great in it (not that I am a fan of Robin or anything) too bad Toccara's photo didn't turn out good.

200 in the butt, what? peternelsn's Avatar
    You hope that Tyra's including plus-size models like Toccara to remind the fashion industry (and all of us) that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. As a society, we have defined it too narrowly and hopefully we are on the way to correcting that. She's quickly becoming my favorite on the show and I hope she stays around not just because I think she's attractive, but because she's very entertaining. Yeah, she's top heavy. Yeah, her boobs are bigger than Tyra's head. But she looks great with all those curves. While I think Kelle is more beautiful, I'm rooting for Toccara!

I think ANTM should have a separate category for plus sized models, it isn't fair to Tocarro to have her competing with other girls not in her league. This is just Tyra trying to be politically correct. Instead, they should have a separate show, America's next top plus sized model, that would have been far fairer to Tocarro and not throw the current show off balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I think ANTM should have a separate category for plus sized models, it isn't fair to Tocarro to have her competing with other girls not in her league. This is just Tyra trying to be politically correct. Instead, they should have a separate show, America's next top plus sized model, that would have been far fairer to Tocarro and not throw the current show off balance.
    ITA.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

She's wearing an animal print swimsuit, has got a pouty BBB look on her face, but is posing like a titchy debutante. All kinds of wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    She's wearing an animal print swimsuit, has got a pouty BBB look on her face, but is posing like a titchy debutante. All kinds of wrong.
    That will give the skinny witches a run for their money!
    We bout to throw dem bows
    We bout to swang dem thangs
    It's 'bout to be a what? Girlfight!

Choices

Did you see the ending sequence of this week's episode? It's not like she had a lot of swimsuits to choose from! It would be nice if she had as many swimsuit choices in a size 12 that the size 4 ladies had, but that's just not the case, is it? Still, she looked much better than several of the other models. IMO, Yaya's photo looked the best, but Toccara's was in the top 5-6.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Peter
    The Dude Abides

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    Beautiful face
    Beautiful skin
    Unfortunate outfit
    Unlikely to win as she is "real" plus-size, not "fashion industry" plus size. I don't think she could do high fashion.
    I'm sad about the fact that she's the dark horse with winning (absolutely NO pun intended), and that a thinner model will walk the runway to psuedo-fame.

I'd love if Tyra did a take off on this show and had nothing BUT Plus-Size woman competing. Then, we'd be judging watermelons to watermelons, not to kumquats!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I'm sure your comment was well-intended, Lotuslander, but I have to disagree with your post and others that say a plus-size model can't be a top model and that we need to have a separate competition. This is no different than than the folks who said 30 years ago that there would never be a black, asian or latin fashion model. This is just discrimination in another form. Would someone have a problem if we said that Julie shouldn't compete because there never has been an Indian supermodel? Of course, they would because it's racial discrimination. Maybe it should be like boxing where there are weight classifications? It's just ridiculous that we allow a narrow minded fashion industry to dictate to us who can wear high fashion and who can't. Are they so inept that they can't develop high fashion in a size 16? The elitism, snobbery and discrimination has got to go. Big isn't just in, big is beautiful! You go, Toccara!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Peter
    The Dude Abides

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by peternelsn
    I'm sure your comment was well-intended, Lotuslander, but I have to disagree with your post and others that say a plus-size model can't be a top model and that we need to have a separate competition. This is no different than than the folks who said 30 years ago that there would never be a black, asian or latin fashion model. This is just discrimination in another form. Would someone have a problem if we said that Julie shouldn't compete because there never has been an Indian supermodel? Of course, they would because it's racial discrimination. Maybe it should be like boxing where there are weight classifications? It's just ridiculous that we allow a narrow minded fashion industry to dictate to us who can wear high fashion and who can't. Are they so inept that they can't develop high fashion in a size 16? The elitism, snobbery and discrimination has got to go. Big isn't just in, big is beautiful! You go, Toccara!
    I love this girl's confidence...Did you see the end of the show when she put on her swim-suit...She KNEW she had it going on...That is the kind of confidence that I was hoping Robin from the first show had...It is not...She has a charisma that can not be faked...The only one who I think has more charisma is Ya-Ya...She(Ya-Ya) did have the presence of an Egyptian queen...I did not think she had a shot, but now I don't know...As long as she keeps this kind of confidence in herself, she has a shot...Emme is a supermodel and she is definately a plus-size model...It is a beautiful thing to see a woman with curves on her and not be ashamed of it...:>)