Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicole Borud

FORT Fan
    Oh boy, I live in LA, and I will be watching out for her! Although, frankly, I wouldn't want to talk anyone into coming out here to break into the biz. If anything, it's fifty times more competitive and tough to get noticed, because with modelling, the competitor's pool is basically restricted to those who have the correct elements (tall, thin body type, photogenic features, beauty to some degree, and the ability to connect with the camera and create an amazing image). With acting, anyone can get into it, and you don't have to be a particularly great actor to do it. I have worked in production and management, and you see every type of person float by your desk with a headshot. Short, tall, heavyset, out of proportion. It's way more than just the beauty girls that all have a legitimate shot at some level of success. It's positively scary when you think about all the people flooding LA's borders each year, just released from four years of theatre study, with dreams of being the next Julia Roberts.

I do think she could make it, though, if she's lucky. She's definitely got the talent and versatility. Pray she gets a good agent. I hope she will.

Quote Originally Posted by manicorganic
    With acting, anyone can get into it, and you don't have to be a particularly great actor to do it. I have worked in production and management, and you see every type of person float by your desk with a headshot. Short, tall, heavyset, out of proportion. It's way more than just the beauty s that all have a legitimate shot at some level of success.
    You have a very good point. Acting is a job that requires all body types, genders, personalities, races, height, and etc. Even if your disabled, there's still a part out there for you. Remember Simon Birch or the giant guy from Big Fish. (<~ great movie btw) With ling, its such a fickle and stubborn world. It's its own universe. I can see Nicole worming her way into the movies, and LA is the place to start. GO NICOLE!

I TRULY BELIEVE NICOLE IS GOING TO SUCCEED IN THE ACTING INDUSTRY. I CAN SEE HER PLAYING A BOND GIRL, MAYBE JAMES' ARCH RIVAL OR SOMETHING. I THINK SHE BEARS STRIKING RESEMBLENCE TO MISS JOLIE!

Entranced by BEAUTY Precious Things's Avatar
    nicole is gorgeous-- she would kick butt as an action hero! could also see her in dark and lonely roles--she's oscar/emmy/take your pick material imo!!!

No I'd be sad to see her get into acting instead of continuing modeling

Quote Originally Posted by so into you
    ^Yeah go join X MEN 3. XD
    I think most of the models could play awsome superheroes, espicially Nicole, Amanda, Yaya.

ain'tnobodyclaimyouwinner butthead's Avatar
    I miss Nicole a lot, I hope we can see her very soon in tv or magazines...hehe

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Actually, actors get far more publicity than actors (good actors anyway).

Did anyone catch that Nicole and Catie from Season 2 did a Paul Mitchell fashion show together when Nicole was 16 and Catie was 13?

Quote Originally Posted by cowchpotaytoe
    Did anyone catch that Nicole and Catie from Season 2 did a Paul Mitchell fashion show together when Nicole was 16 and Catie was 13?

Where was that said?