Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicole Borud

I love the hair.
    It's not nearly as pink as it appears in the jeans photo!

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Nicole is definitely one of my top picks - she gets better everytime I see her!

I don't know about her new haircut.I kinda like it,but on the other hand..I don't.She's a really pretty girl though.

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    Three words:

Nicole. Will. Win.
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Quack-Wabbit
    Three words:

Nicole. Will. Win.
    Nicole has amazed me since the show's started, but I disagree. I think she photographs beautifully, but I still don't think she has that fashion model look that sells clothes on the runway and in print. Then again, I was wrong about her from the promo pics...

I would like to know more about Nicole. She's had very little screen time thus far, which may be a good sign.

PS: I think it's funny how Tyra called Nicole "the dark side," like being a "former punk rocker" makes her a vampire or something.

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    i have to say, i think she is going to be a silent threat; we will see some amazing pics from ms. borud

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Nicole has amazed me since the show's started, but I disagree. I think she photographs beautifully, but I still don't think she has that fashion model look that sells clothes on the runway and in print. Then again, I was wrong about her from the promo pics...

I would like to know more about Nicole. She's had very little screen time thus far, which may be a good sign.

PS: I think it's funny how Tyra called Nicole "the dark side," like being a "former punk rocker" makes her a vampire or something.
    She has a certain versatility that's hard to discount- I just can't see any particular task she's do poorly at (don't quote me on that- it's only the third episode!). Plus, she has a really glamourous kind of "throwback from the twenties" appeal... I'm going with my gut on this one.

I can't really picture any of the other girls as *the* top model- Yaya has skin issues, Jennifer is the classic "small town sob story" that doesn't win, Norelle may be too young, Amanda will be cut by the judges for her own good, etc. The only other one who might have a chance aesthetically is Kelle, but I think she's already alienated the judges. So far, Nicole seemingly has no drawbacks.

Of course, I said the same thing about season one Nicole, who was the odds on favourite to win for the first two episodes... then quickly plunged into a nosedive in episode three.

-- Susan Hawk

The season one nicole sabotaged herself. She lost it all for a man.

Quack-Wabbit: Some interesting points. Do you think Nicole will work the runway? I'm not so sure either way, but I do feel pretty sure that she'll make it to the top five or six, at least.

I can really see Amanda winning this, but Norelle being the one to find the most work post-show...

If this competition was run by an uninformed panel that knew nothing about the girls' backgrounds, Amanda would stand a very good chance of winning. However, the judges won't let a mother and homemaker who will be blind in five years walk away with the prize, regardless of how gorgeous her pictures may be.

I think Nicole's strength will lie in photos rather than the runway, but Tyra doesn't seem to think that that's the top priority, as neither Adrianne nor Yoanna were spectacular while Shannon and Mercedes won praise for their performances on the catwalk.

This is all just speculation, of course.

-- Susan Hawk