Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Magdalena Maria Rivas

FORT Regular
    I don't mind her picture as much as the first interview that was released. The creases on the sides of her mouth were as bad as mine and I'm alot older than her. I think she will be the first to go.

FORT Fogey
    WTF is with these ANTMers having weird names?

Shandi, Xiomara, Jenascia, Magdalena, Jennipher, Camara "Yaya", Norelle... and I know there's more...

I don't watch this show, nor do I really ever want to, but I quite often see a contestant thread on the index to the FORT, and wonder "What drug was the mother smoking the day they named HER?"

Just curious

FORT Fogey
    I quite actually enjoy these weird name, makes them memorable.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2

Shandi, Xiomara, Jenascia, Magdalena, Jennipher, Camara "Yaya", Norelle... and I know there's more...
    Damn I know at least 4 Magdalenas over here!

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    I know that Magdalen (no 'a' at the end) is a popular middle eastern name.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2

I don't watch this show, nor do I really ever want to, but I quite often see a contestant thread on the index to the FORT, and wonder "What drug was the mother smoking the day they named HER?"

Just curious
    I think they are beautiful names and it would be quite boring if they were named Alice, or Suzie or other generic names.

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    I think they are beautiful names and it would be quite boring if they were named Alice, or Suzie or other generic names.
    Ashley, Ashlee, Ashleigh!! O.O!

No offense to anyone with these names, but I know a dozen or so of them and it's just like, Can't you be more original?

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    Just for the record... I have never met an Alice or a Suzie or a Jane or a Sally my age. It's not 1955 anymore.

On the same note, I've never met a Yoanna, a Xiomara (or any X name for that matter), a Jennipher or a Yaya. Or a Tyra. Maybe it's a "naming children for success" strategy.

EDIT:

Appearances are deceiving- at 115 pounds, Magdalena is actually the lightest of the contestants (along with Amanda). Surprisingly, three girls weigh in at 118 lbs. (Yaya, Norelle, and Eva) and four at 130 lbs. (Kristi, Julie, Cassie, and Ann).

Did they all agree on a pre-chosen "fake weight" to give Tyra or something? Because otherwise, it's a pretty remarkable coincidence.
    Last edited by Quack-Wabbit; 09-19-2004 at 09:25 AM.
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004

Ashley, Ashlee, Ashleigh!! O.O!

No offense to anyone with these names, but I know a dozen or so of them and it's just like, Can't you be more original?
    Ok! Now I get the reason people watch ANTM! It must be because of the exciting names... cause all those Survivor shows are boring with people with names of Ryan or John, or Rob.... how boring

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Does she look lik,e a plus size model to anyone else??? isn't she like 118 pounds as Skinny as Shandi But this girl looks big boned.... maybe its her her outfit because in the billboard picture she looks like... from the neck down
    I was thinking the opposite that she actually looks small boned. If you look at her hands and her wrists and arms they actually look quite fragile. I can believe that she weighs 115.

To the person who said that Magalenda weighed the lowest weight you seem to be forgetting bmi. Norelle has the lowest BMI which means that she is the thinnest. Magalenda's bmi is 17.0 and Norelle's at suppodsely 118 and 5ft 10 1/2 is 16.7 which does still make her the thinnest in this competion.