Page 54 of 261 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Eva Marcelle Pigford

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan

But even if she doesn't make it very much in the high fashion runway world, is my understanding correct that that isn't particularly well paid work? Sure, there's exposure, but at least for most models, they aren't particularly well compensated for runway work, whereas something like photo work or a cosmetic contract is far more lucrative? Maybe a Victoria's Secret contract is out of her league given her relatively modest endowment, but I could see her getting an awful lot of magazine work, and laughing all the way to the bank. I could also see her doing TV COMMERCIALS for Cover Girl, and rocking it.
    By photo work I assume you mean editorial? Editorial does not pay a lot. It is more a prestige thing, plus it gives you pictures for your book, advertisers/designers see the magazines etc. Cosmetics contracts are *the* thing to have for a model. They usually last for several years and pay very well. As opposed to appearing in a designer's advertisements - they also pay well (but less-so) and usually only last a season or so (though there are exceptions).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

You know, no matter where Eva gets off the ANTM train, I can't see her hanging out long at model junction. She's more of an actor by nature, it seems to me. (and by experience too natch)

Eva's height is definitely a hindrance. I find it cute, actually, but anything below 5'10" raises eyebrows in the industry. Eva is truly 5'6" (watch the insider video), so she gets the brunt of the short criticism, though realistically Amanda and Yaya will face problems, too.

I'm sort of rooting for Eva to win this. Ann and Norelle are my favorites, and Eva doesn't even come close, but she'd make the best winner of this competition, I think. I can't really explain my thinking. I guess it's just her star/diva quality that would help her carry the title well.

PS: I do see her more as a TV actress, though, not a model.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    PS: I do see her more as a TV actress, though, not a model.
    I could see her doing whatever she was interested in, modelling, acting, even being a stand up comedienne. And if her real interest lay elsewhere, she wouldn't be the first girl on the show who had ulterior motives. It seemed to me like April was more interested in TV, and clearly Julie was interested in getting into the manufacturing end of things.

hey hotstuff I'm loser kissmyfist's Avatar
    she looks a tad chunky int he stomach area. horrible picture. she looks like a clown. over all i think shes very shophisticated most fot eh time and has awesoem eyes. she acts older than her age. EVA THE DIVA.

she looks made up in her beauty shot which was 'no makeup' ... her look is too contrived for my taste. i still say old navy needs to hire her asap. it would be a great business decision on their part

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    I love Diva's.. Eva train I'm coming right achya!

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    I just came from Yaya thread talking about style and wanted to look at past photos of Eva to prove that she has the better more diverse style but I couldn't help stop and laugh at this photo:

I'm so glad that she didn't end up wearing those pants!

Quote Originally Posted by FairytaleDREAMS
    Me too.

Wow, we had the same idea! I was just copying over our quotes from Yaya's thread, complimenting Eva on her sense of style.

Quote Originally Posted by Milay
    Anyway I thought that Eva had the best style combination overall. She's the only one (style-wise) that I'd put in a fashion magazine.
    I totally agree Milay. I feel like Eva has the best overall style and she always looks great in almost all the outfit I've seen her in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ether04
    Eva
    represents versatility. Eva can put something on so simple and make
    it stylish. Like last week. Regular gray capris' and a white halter. She
    threw on some mega white heels. Bam!!!

Style across the board, but that's just my opinion.
    I agree that Eva has the best sense of personal style out of the entire group. The off-white tee she wore while making burritos () was especially cute.

FORT Addict I need a hit! kant-sing's Avatar
    I just came from Yaya thread talking about style and wanted to look at past photos of Eva to prove that she has the better more diverse style but I couldn't help stop and laugh at this photo:

I hope those pants were a joke. She can barely fit them. It just had to be a joke.