Thread: Ann Elaine Markley

Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel
    She looked a little fragile and vulnerable, a bit contrast to her personality.
    You're right. That's why I liked her spider & diamonds picture and to a greater extent Lee Jeans. Even with the toughness she can look quite delicate sometimes, and then the result is beautiful. In my extremely biased opinion, Ann's Lee Jeans photo is actually one of the best pictures this season when it comes to delivering sensitivity in the eyes. They're just exquisite.

In an interview, Norelle was asked to describe the remaining girls, and she said something to the tone of: Yaya and Eva are too confident, and Ann isn't confident enough. I think a lot of what looks like lack of effort at photo shoots is actually a fairly well-disguised lack of confidence. Hopefully, she'll overcome that, because there's no need for her to be anything but...

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Salome

In an interview, Norelle was asked to describe the remaining girls, and she said something to the tone of: Yaya and Eva are too confident, and Ann isn't confident enough. I think a lot of what looks like lack of effort at photo shoots is actually a fairly well-disguised lack of confidence. Hopefully, she'll overcome that, because there's no need for her to be anything but...
    I think you're absolutely right about the lack of confidence. If she were just looser and self-assured I think she would rock the photoshoots all the time. I agree with you that the Lee jean pic was one of the best this season - she looked really nice in that one.

By the way, is that Ann in your avatar, Salome? It looks like her yet somehow not at the same time...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

ain'tnobodyclaimyouwinner butthead's Avatar
    I just don't like this girl, she should be eliminated long time ago, I bet she won't win this competition.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I
    By the way, is that Ann in your avatar, Salome? It looks like her yet somehow not at the same time...
    I thought it might be Elyse in Salome's avatar. This girl's picture is appearing everywhere.
    Elyse didn't win her cycle but she's doing so well, I'm sooo proud of Ann for making the final four even if she doesn't win. I'd be gutted to watch her leave though, but shall cross my fingers and look forward to seeing more of her in future.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    It's weird...whenever they take candid photos she looks absolutely beautiful, but when she's actively in front of the camera it all falls apart sometimes. Maybe performance anxiety?
    I think this matches what occurs on the insider video of them acting. Ann is *awful* and it's pretty clearly stiffness, tension. ... She is too self-conscious in these scenarios to do well at this point. ... I remember Jay saying to her at at least one photo shoot -- You're starting to think! ... i.e., the self-conscious look is coming back. ... She isn't able to relax and be herself in any situation where she's aware that she's performing in some way. ... She must have gotten over this in athletics at least, but not in acting or posing.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Do you really think it has nothing to do with the heavy makeup? I understand what you're saying regarding Ann's posing - the real problem - but I think the makeup is also a factor. Her weakest pictures IMO were the skates and kimono, where the styling was more-than-strange. (I have a bizarre liking for the trippy trampoline picture. She's looks strung out and flying. ) Perhaps if the powers that be had chosen more realisitc shoots, she would have a little more of an edge right now, because she doesn't need fierce makeup to be pretty. She just wakes up that way.

Ann looks nice in this more natural picture...

... I'll be sad when/if she fades away.
    coz she doesn't need such crazy makeup,she's already pretty enough!she looks great in pic!
    i'll be sad...too...

(p.s. Astridr,i love your avatar,it's so sweeeeeeeeeet... )
    Last edited by alfred_cec; 12-06-2004 at 10:36 AM.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I think that picture looks terrible. Her pose is strange and her hair is awful. But than again, Amanda doesn't look like she has any hips.

Can anyone guess who leaves by the pacement of the casr picture. My guess is Amanda.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alfred_cec
    (p.s. Astridr,i love your avatar,it's so sweeeeeeeeeet... )
    Thanks Alfred_cec!! I made it cos I couldn't get over how Ann can look gorgeous even when she's asleep, and hugging her teddy is just adorable. I edited it from a screencap Salome posted here so thanks again Salome! Brightens the Ann thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Astridr
    Elyse didn't win her cycle but she's doing so well, I'm sooo proud of Ann for making the final four even if she doesn't win. I'd be gutted to watch her leave though, but shall cross my fingers and look forward to seeing more of her in future.
    I'm just happy that Ann's made it to the top four, especially considering how many close calls there have been along the way. As much as I would love love love to see her walk the final runway, I'm thinking it won't happen. (She would put their predetermined winner to shame. ) And perhaps it will be for the best, as the winners face a lot of pressure and scrutiny. I think it might be easier for Ann to blossom as a model without the title and the expectations that come with it, because she's still in the process of learning... More so than the others, who have already actualized about 80% of their potential, I believe. I know Ann will find an agency and real model work after the show and spite all the disbelievers. There's no question in my mind.

PS: Elyse in my current avatar; Ann in the one I had back when CCL asked (attached below & free for use). Astridr, I have to smile every time I see your avatar. How could anyone hate her there?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Astridr
    I made it cos I couldn't get over how Ann can look gorgeous even when she's asleep, and hugging her teddy is just adorable. I edited it from a screencap Salome posted here so thanks again Salome! Brightens the Ann thread.
    Ann looks gorgeous and adorable when she's asleep, and even when she wakes up first thing in the morning!

I wonder whether or not she's still waking up with her Ted E tho... it actually looked like Norelle was PACKING it at the end of the last episode! Could it be?
    Fiat justitia, ruat coelum