Thread: Ann Elaine Markley

Darkangel
    Thanks, Salome, for the pic. It was a beautiful picture. I actually like it very much. She looked a little fragile and vulnerable, a bit contrast to her personality.

tes
    Quote Originally Posted by Salome

tes, I'm glad you like it. She looks kind of sad, maybe because Norelle's tattling on her.

Well, that's one way to make her pictures looks nice!

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel
    Thanks, Salome, for the pic. It was a beautiful picture. I actually like it very much. She looked a little fragile and vulnerable, a bit contrast to her personality.
    Salome Thanks! I love the fan picture too tes!
    Darkangel you may be on to something.. I think I like it when Ann has a sort of vunerability in her pictures as well. She can do strong, like the alter ego ones, but because of her very striking features, it could be very captivating when she shows some vunerability.

I'm not saying that a portfolio is not important, but I would think it is much easier to groom a model like Ann, whose portfolio right now is considerably weaker. If her look can win her jobs it would build her portfolio. Also, its been recognised that Ann would make a good runway model. That adds to the portfolio as well *shrugs* I guess I really want to see her do well, but these really seem possible to me! Go Ann

That fan picture is beautiful Salome, thanks.

And about the Lee Jeans picture, Ann was aware of the camera during it I think because she was posing when it was her turn and then Jay would tell her, "wow, you finally had a beautiful shot Ann!" I think she was probably a lot more comfortable doing that one since she didn't have to pose all that much and only had to worry about turning her face to a certain angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Astridr
    I'm not saying that a portfolio is not important, but I would think it is much easier to groom a model like Ann, whose portfolio right now is considerably weaker. If her look can win her jobs it would build her portfolio.
    Right, so if a portfolio is, like, a CV and a go-see your run-of-the-mill job interview, then my chicken-and-egg question: which comes first?

FORT Fogey
    It depends on the job. For runway, if you look amazing in your go-see, you'll get the job regardless of your portfolio. If you're looking for editorial work, and look bad in your portfolio and are totally unknown, then you're pretty much sunk. Furthermore, somebody with a great go-see will get runway work, and then build up a solid body of work, and then they get hired regardless of if they look like a bumpkin in photos. It doesn't really work the other way though.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    It depends on the job. For runway, if you look amazing in your go-see, you'll get the job regardless of your portfolio. If you're looking for editorial work, and look bad in your portfolio and are totally unknown, then you're pretty much sunk. Furthermore, somebody with a great go-see will get runway work, and then build up a solid body of work, and then they get hired regardless of if they look like a bumpkin in photos. It doesn't really work the other way though.
    Yeah I agree. Also, if its going to be a television commercial, the casting itself is important. Ann looks good on the television screen as far as we can tell, she moves well and she did well for the campbell ad so that's another plus which does add to her CV.
    I mean, I do wish Ann has a portfolio as great as last cycle's batch of final four (not to mention I prefer the kind of shoots the girls got to do last cycle) but all this was said in response to all the remarks about Ann's lousy portfolio equating to her not being good in the industry and should not have a chance in this competition.

Tyra admitted coaching Ann particularly during the crazy-ass Kimono shoot she performed for the girls. In spite of this personal attention and too many chances, I would say Ann has not improved at all. She seems clueless in addition to being self conscious. She doesn't seem to absorb anything. I wonder if she has practiced in front of a mirror?

I'm a vocalist, and a big part of training is developing your natural voice free from contrivances. I am extremely prone to trying to MAKE my voice sound like a classical vocalist "should" sound, but when I can let that go, use proper technique in a relaxed way without forcing what seems to me to be the right sound, it is much better. Ann is trying to arrange her face and body into what she thinks a model should be and ends up looking stiff and inhibited instead of just being herself and doing what is natural and alluring.

I agree that the picture of her with the fan is stunning. Her relaxed face is lovely to look at.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I think there is an outside chance of her winning. The preview said the next weeks episode she gives it her all, and if she manages to improve drastically, than all will be forgiven. Viewers seem to be quick to forgive and forget. On the other hand, it will be hard cause the Ann and the other girls are asked to participate in another class of clown college.

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran
    ...cause the Ann and the other girls are asked to participate in another class of clown college.
    You are exactly right!

Ann has a breathtaking face, but you'd never guess after seeing her in the previews for next episode. I'm not sure how I feel about that photo shoot. Japanese anime is nice. If they can really achieve that look in the photos, I might be reconciled to this clown college class.