Page 101 of 340 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3392

Thread: Ann Elaine Markley

She's been in the bottom 2 way more times than anyone else, consistently has the worst pictures and yet they continue to let her slide. Unless Cover Girl expressly told them they wanted Ann for their model, I can't think of another reason to let her stay.

She may be gorgeous in real life, but she's dead in pictures. For a future Cover Girl, that is what's important.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Regular
    I think keeping Ann this time around had more to do with Nole and Nigel's dislike of Norelle's presentation of herself. Also, Nigel and Janice previously said they disliked Norelle's look and didn't think she looked like a model. They've had a problem with Norelle's walk, etc. since episode 4, and with Ann's posing since episode 2. Norelle has improved her walk, but they still think she hasn't improved her presentation. Ann, however has shown that she has had some good shots (since they are so few and far between, I think it is more coincidental than an improvement in skill). In sum, my guess is that they finally, after much bickering, decided that it would be easier for Ann to improve her shots than for Norelle to improve her look (which is is impossible because its her genes), presentation, and walk.

Anyways, how did I find myself defending the judges??

I personally love Norelle's look, especially with her new haircut, and her beautiful non-braces smile, and like Jay Alexander, I love her long lashes and puppy-dog eyes. Nigel said her look isn't for America, but I can totally see her as an "it" girl in America (someone who doesn't look like your dime-a-dozen, classic, eg. Cassie or Jennipher).

Since the next challenge will be a photoshoot, they probably thought they can test Ann on that and then drop her like a hot potato if she doesn't succeed (now she is no longer ahead of anyone in any department). They won't be doing a runway until the last episode, and they already decided that Norelle won't be up to par and they don't want to see her get to that point.

tes
    Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    Okay Ann is a decent runway model, but how many models out there can make it big by only doing runway !? NONE!

I thought Tyra was one of them! Or am I wrong? I was watching some documentry show on top model and they did an interview on Tyra that she got famous because of Victoria Screat Runway!

Every kept on saying "Ann doesn't take great pictures" but com on how many pictures have you seen Yoanna and Adrainne take after the show? And besides many of them ended up on the runway! :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by tes
    I thought Tyra was one of them! Or am I wrong? I was watching some documentry show on top model and they did an interview on Tyra that she got famous because of Victoria Screat Runway!
    No that isn't true. Tyra only started doing her Victoria Secret runway shoots in the latter part of her career. When she was young, like 20, she did tons of print work and runway work. She also was the first African American woman to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated.

tes
    No that isn't true. Tyra only started doing her Victoria Secret runway shoots in the latter part of her career. When she was young, like 20, she did tons of print work and runway work. She also was the first African American woman to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated.

How many people knows Tyra as a Victoria Secret Model? Everyone, it was that,that launched her stardom!

Quote Originally Posted by tes
    How many people knows Tyra as a Victoria Secret Model? Everyone, it was that,that launched her stardom!
    This belongs on Tyra thread....Ill meet you there

tes
    This belongs on Tyra thread....Ill meet you there

Haha no I was just making a point that TOP MODEL doesn't alway have to start from pictures! I was just using her as an example cause I'm an Ann fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Astridr
    They're keeping Ann cos of something, and I personally don't think its drama, but I'm not complaining.
    As much as it must suck to be strung along, for whatever reason, I'm simply glad she's stayed this long. I don't especially care about the outcome of the next two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidsara
    Since the next challenge will be a photoshoot, they probably thought they can test Ann on that and then drop her like a hot potato if she doesn't succeed...
    I think they might drop Ann even if she does succeed in the next photo shoot, just on the basis of her overall portfolio. (The preview for the coming episode indicates a "heated debate," so she must prove herself somewhat.) Even if Ann were to take the best photograph, the judges could argue that Amanda, Yaya, and Eva have all been more consistent, and I couldn't disagree, though I would personally bank more on growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    As for Ann herself, I do feel badly for her in that she clearly, clearly, doesn't have much of a clue of how to manipulate her body to make an interesting picture, to lengthen her line, create interesting curves and positions, to strike a pose that is graceful, as Jay said... Its not just about being strong and fierce, its also about being subtle and detail oriented...
    Oh, yes. I love Ann, but as a ballet dancer, I was absolutely cringing at her posing in the last episode. I think it's apparent from her walk that the problem is not a lack of inherent grace, but that she simply doesn't know how to pose, most likely due to being: 1) A tomboy and natural beauty who's never been very aware of her appearance or cared to manipulate it. More than any of the other girls, she needs to study fashion magazines and work in the mirror. (Like Tyra, I'm making it sound so serious!) 2) I think confused and inhibited in front of the camera. Amanda didn't look like she was doing anything particuarly graceful, but she was comfortable and spun around a bit and experimented. I think Ann's afraid to let loose and pretend she's a princess or Audrey Hepburn or whatever the look they're going for happens to be.

Also, I think the photo shoots this season favor certain girls, while not truly representing the fashion photographs with which Ann would have greater success. Her face takes most makeup well, but the heavy clown makeup is definitely more suited to a look like Amanda's. (I'm not trying to say anything bad about Amanda here, BTW. She's also one of my favorites.)

Wow, that turned into a novel. :rolleyes I hope someone gets through it.

she simply doesn't know how to pose, most likely due to being: 1) A tomboy and natural beauty who's never been very aware of her appearance or cared to manipulate it. More than any of the other girls, she needs to study fashion magazines and work in the mirror. (Like Tyra, I'm making it sound so serious!) 2) I think confused and inhibited in front of the camera. Amanda didn't look like she was doing anything particuarly graceful, but she was comfortable and spun around a bit and experimented. I think Ann's afraid to let loose and pretend she's a princess or Audrey Hepburn or whatever the look they're going for happens to be.

Wow, that turned into a novel. :rolleyes I hope someone gets through it. [/QUOTE]

I got through it and think you made some excellent points. Ann is so lovely (even first thing in the morning as we saw in the capsule hotel) and has never had to think about beauty enhancements most likely. She's an athlete and probably not a girl who worries about lipstick or breaking a nail. I get the feeling all this girly "modely" stuff is an alien world to her.

I kind of like Ann to be honest, but I think it is sad that Nicole and Norelle (both obviously more naturally talented) should get booted while Ann stays.

Sorry Salmone, I was trying to quote you in order to respond, not plagiarize. :rolleyes

I'm new here and apparently do not have the quoting thing figured out yet. Sorry!