Thread: Amanda Lynn Swafford

Amanda Lynn Swafford

Height/Weight: 5'8"/115 lbs.
    Hometown: Henderson, North Carolina
    Favorite Movie: "Baraka"
    Favorite Magazine: Vanity Fair
    Favorite Food: Crab cakes
    Other: Originally from Austin, Texas

I don't think Amanda has what it takes to be a winner, especially because 25 is considered old in the business - hell, Adrianne and Yoanna had trouble at their respective ages - but her appearance is rather intriguing. Like she said in her clip, those eyes!

There is something almost alien-like about her, very faintly reminicent of Penelope Tree: http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/micros...mageid=im00018

hendersonville is a skip away from me, I wonder if there will be anything on the news...once things get started.
    ANTM 4 FAVS: MichelleBrittany

psh please "my eyes are differnt" how do we know those arent contacts

She's special but hard to tell (25y/o? ). Tyra is making it hard for this girl.

I like her, she has an unique look. And about her eyes: couldn't she be the girl with the physical deformity I read something about in a pre-show article? It has been suggested at Television Without Pity that her weird eyes are due to a condition called Ocular Albinism. Now, I have no idea what that is, but if the "physical deformity" thing is true, she is my current # 1 candidate.

This girl will either be chucked out immediately or go almost all the way. She is that special-looking.

What a hideous outfit.

I can't decide about this one at all, I think I'll need to see her in action to get a better feel of whether I find her attractive.

FORT Newbie
    from http://www.nctec.co.za/eye_condition..._albinism.html

What is Ocular Albinism?
    Ocular albinism is a rare inherited condition affecting about one in 50,000. People with ocular albinism have the same eye problems as albinos (although without the lack of skin pigmentation). As the inside of the eye lacks its dark pigment lining, light bounces around inside the eyeball causing a blurred image. The retina fails to develop fully and visual clarity is significantly reduced, especially for distance vision which may be around 6/60. Sight is worse in bright light, which is also uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubies
    from http://www.nctec.co.za/eye_condition..._albinism.html

What is Ocular Albinism?
    Ocular albinism is a rare inherited condition affecting about one in 50,000. People with ocular albinism have the same eye problems as albinos (although without the lack of skin pigmentation). As the inside of the eye lacks its dark pigment lining, light bounces around inside the eyeball causing a blurred image. The retina fails to develop fully and visual clarity is significantly reduced, especially for distance vision which may be around 6/60. Sight is worse in bright light, which is also uncomfortable.
    WoW if that's the case, I feel sorry for Amanda.

Well, the way she's dressed she may be myopic (nearsighted) too! Just kidding. Her eyes are different, but they're not going to take her too far though. She looks like a young Annie Lennox with the arched eyebrows, big nose and icy stare.