Page 9 of 170 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda Lynn Swafford

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    You've heard of Photoshop, right?

Don't you mean digital retouching? At least that's what proffesional photogs use.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Don't you mean digital retouching? At least that's what proffesional photogs use.
    PhotoShop is a software and Digital Retouching is like a task or action.
    So they are two different things but Digital Retouching can be done using PhotoShop.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 times
    The super-close up shot where you can pretty much see every pore on her face. No photoshop there Danger - Photoshop can work magic, but for that detail - I'm going to say I disagree there.
    I can pretty much guarantee that no photo goes into a magazine or onto a web site like the ANTM web site without some digital manipulation. And to show what can be done take a look at this:
    http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/dig...ini/index.html

I can pretty much guarantee that no photo goes into a magazine or onto a web site like the ANTM web site without some digital manipulation. And to show what can be done take a look at this:

This is absolutely true. However since this is a modeling competition, wouldn't manipulating the image in some way affect the way the judges look at it though? If it still does happen i wouldn't be surprised at all.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Thanks for that one!

Nevertheless, models do have to be beautiful and have nice skin, etc. Of course the pictures are going to be retouched, but we see these girls in the candid footage and real models on the runway and know that digital retouching only goes so far. The better the original photo; the better the finished product.

I refuse to believe that some pictures are intentionally Photoshopped better than others to give certain girls an edge. What would be the point of that?

But how do we know that those 'original' images aren't the photoshopped ones? I mean, it seems kind of dumb for someone to get an unattractive woman just to airbrush her that much. Why not get someone who is already attractive?

Just seems a bit off to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    This is absolutely true. However since this is a modeling competition, wouldn't manipulating the image in some way affect the way the judges look at it though? If it still does happen i wouldn't be surprised at all.
    The judge get footage, original photo looks and outcome looks.
    So it may or may not affect their judgement.

Not to turn this into a big debate - but not every single photo that is put into a website or a magazine is manipulating exactly like those photos on the website you linked to.

Do I know for sure if Amanda's photo was retouched? No. Do you know for sure that it was retouched? No.

My point was - I've seen the big high resolution photos that do go into magazines and that are put on the website - and I have a pretty detailed look at their faces from every pore - to their nose hairs - and to photoshop that and not lose the detail, would be near impossible. So my opinion is that it wasn't totally photoshopped.

I've seen the entire cast photos/faces close up - and Amanda appears to have some of the nicest skin of the girls, whether it is make up, lighting, or her real skin.

I just think its unfair to write off the flawless skin as "photoshopped".

Anyway - enough thread hijacking.

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    The judge get footage, original photo looks and outcome looks.
    So it may or may not affect their judgement.
    Really? When was this mentioned? (It's totally possible that I missed it.)

Frostelized: Most models are naturally beautiful, but no one is perfect. Pores. We all have them.