Page 51 of 170 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda Lynn Swafford

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    Wow you must dislike Amanda more than I do! I thought her dance was funny, in a stupid, childish kind of way.
    Well, basically, besides the fact that I think she's ugly, what bugs me is that she thinks she's like the prettiest one there....

"All the girls are intimidated by me and It makes me feel good as hell"

I mean, COME ON!!! And she's all the time posing and looking at herself and sh**.....
    She just thinks she's gonna win and that's what pisses me off....and she's too damn immature and seeking too much drama!!
    Last edited by hepcat; 11-01-2004 at 12:20 PM. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by jadedomega
    Like Ms. J saids all that Amanda needs is her eyes..>!
    I'm sure she can make alot of money doing print work...
    Yeah Amanda would do some nice print work, but I think runway is out of her grasps.

FORT Fogey
    Amanda, quite simply, is a plain girl with beautiful eyes. Nothing about her really impreses me, her face, aside from the beautiful colour of her eyes (the whole eye area isn't really that great anyways) is blah, her body isblah, her hair is tacky... I dunno. She's pretty, but her looks don't make up for the fact that in a few years she won't be able to walk the runway or look in the direction her photographer tells her to.

CCL
    I did not like Amanda's initial pictures (ie the bio shots). But her show pictures have been really good. I could see her doing some print work.

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    Go Right Ahead.
    Your just as entitled to bash Yaya as anyone is to bash Amanda.
    Look I am sorry!lol this is ridiculas.Sowwie *hugs*

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    Amanda, quite simply, is a plain girl with beautiful eyes. Nothing about her really impreses me, her face, aside from the beautiful colour of her eyes (the whole eye area isn't really that great anyways) is blah, her body isblah, her hair is tacky... I dunno. She's pretty, but her looks don't make up for the fact that in a few years she won't be able to walk the runway or look in the direction her photographer tells her to.
    Speaking of her eyes, is the colour from her eye disease (often eye diseases cause eyes to go bluish in colour) or not? Just wondering.

FORT Fogey
    My family has a history of Retinitis Pigmentosa, and as far as I can tell that is not the case. I was recently tested (I was freaked to say the least)... Anyways, not as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by PriscillaOlivia
    Look I am sorry!lol this is ridiculas.Sowwie *hugs*
    Yay im happy everyone is happy now *hugs back*

Back to Amanda now.........

lol yeah.That is what the world needs,more love and caring.I mean that too even if it sounds lame.

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange
    I have a problem with Amanda. It seems that from the show she is trying to use her blindness as a crutch. I strongly believe in equal opportunity for everyone. But, if her blindness is such a problem that she makes it an excuse when people judge her catwalk she may hurt herself in the long run. She is definitely a beautiful person but she needs to be more proactive to ensure her blindness does not become an excuse.

I thought it was incredibly rude for her to whip out her white cane AFTER the show was over and snottily saying she is blind and did they know that. She should have said something about her being blind and needing guidance BEFORE the show.

I am deaf in my right ear and when I sing in church choir I make sure that I am in a position that benefits me most before each performance. I even ask for permission to stand in a certain place so that I can hear the notes I need to and don't hear the notes that will confuse me.

Plus her jealousy tactics are a bit over board.
    TellTale, you may want to watch the show again. Then you'd know that, #1...Amanda wasn't using her blindness as an excuse for the way she would be judged "doing" her catwalk....from what I saw, she was only concerned with getting a glimpse of how it looked so she would know ahead of time...like she said, it would only be a fair playing field. Most catwalks are straight and lit, not dark and curvy. We have to remember that she has lived with this 10 years now and like any person with a disability, they "learn" to adapt to their situations/environment, etc....(something Tocarra should think about, since she seems to think that it didn't look like Amanda was having too hard of a time on the catwalk,thus her blindness can't be that bad.....she has learned to master it, so to speak. I think she was one of the best!!)
    #2....We all know how things are edited out of these shows. These girls were together a long time and we are seeing but a "snippet" of their life together. In reference to whipping out her cane, etc. What we didn't get to see was the conversation prior, I'm sure. It all had something to do with a rumor, like Ms. Jay was talking about. Tocarra was the one to finally tell Ms.Jay just exactly what the rumor was...girls thinking Amanda was getting special treatment, etc. Remember? He said he has not noticed ANY special treatment with Amanda and he had just found out himself. She didn't whip her cane out, Ms.Jay asked to see it because he wanted to clear the air, so to speak.
    #3.... back to the catwalk and what you said about yourself singing in the choir. Use that same thinking when thinking about Amanda wanting only to "see" the runway ahead of time. I'm only trying to show how this can be looked at in different ways. I LOVE Amanda but am liking Ann, YaYa and Nicole as well.
    ~*~you have to look UP to find the rainbow~*~