Thread: Amanda Lynn Swafford

--
    Quote Originally Posted by *LeiLani* View Post
    i nevered really liked Amanda she never really showed that special something that i wanted to see in her. (500th post)
    I thought she was amazing and I saw something quite special in her. The only possibly reasons I think she didn't win are:

A) Age (25) Although, she looks young to me.
    B) Needing a winner who wasn't a white brunette.

Normally, I would say height, but please - they let Eva, 5'6.5 girl win! Technically, Eva doesn't even qualify for the competition.

Personally, I think Amanda's ANTM portfolio was way stronger than Eva and Yaya's combined. Although, that's from memory. Still, the fact that I actually remember most of Amanda's pictures and I remember nothing but a few of Eva and Yaya. And some of Amanda's post-ANTM photos ..
    Giselle: I need to build some frickin' confidence! How do I do that?
    Elyse: You .. get out of puberty.

FORT Fan
    But seriously, can you actually let someone win who's going to go blind in five years?

Well really why not? It's not like at 25 already that she was really going to be modelling and walking runways at 30.

Im Samoan and Hawaiian *LeiLani*'s Avatar
    well i didnt like the winner of cycle 3 i actually wanted my girl Toccara to win but i didn't see nothing in amanda all i saw was blonde hair and blue eyes well gray eyes or whatever color it is.
    "what do you call people in Tokyo?? Tokyians??" - Norelle

"I Didn't Know What Regal Meant so i didn't wanna say THANK YOU and it meant something bad" - Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    It's a profound irony that her most striking feature - her extremely pale eyes - are only that color because of her disease.
    My eyes are Amanda's colour, or well they are probably greyer/whiter. And people do stare at them, probably more because my hair colour is closer to black than blonde, but anyway. I liked Amanda enough, she wasn't my favourite, but I thought that people made too much of a deal with her eye colour, it's not that rare, and you don't only have that colour of eyes if you have eye diseases. I have perfect vision, and my eyes are more white than hers..

Couture Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by newantmfan View Post
    My eyes are Amanda's colour, or well they are probably greyer/whiter. And people do stare at them, probably more because my hair colour is closer to black than blonde, but anyway. I liked Amanda enough, she wasn't my favourite, but I thought that people made too much of a deal with her eye colour, it's not that rare, and you don't only have that colour of eyes if you have eye diseases. I have perfect vision, and my eyes are more white than hers..
    Absolutely. There have been a few interviews with her father and his eyes are just as blue as hers and to the extent of common knowledge his eyes are fine. I'm sure Amanda's eyes have become degenerative as a result of the color, not the other way around.

Retinitis Pigmentosa is genetic, not caused by any damage that might be associated with having lightly colored/sensitive eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by newantmfan View Post
    Well really why not? It's not like at 25 already that she was really going to be modelling and walking runways at 30.
    i can see what you're saying, but it doesn't alwys matter how old you are it can be on how young you look.

Quote Originally Posted by laneyrachel View Post
    I thought she was amazing and I saw something quite special in her. The only possibly reasons I think she didn't win are:

A) Age (25) Although, she looks young to me.
    B) Needing a winner who wasn't a white brunette.

Normally, I would say height, but please - they let Eva, 5'6.5 girl win! Technically, Eva doesn't even qualify for the competition.

Personally, I think Amanda's ANTM portfolio was way stronger than Eva and Yaya's combined. Although, that's from memory. Still, the fact that I actually remember most of Amanda's pictures and I remember nothing but a few of Eva and Yaya. And some of Amanda's post-ANTM photos ..

I agree with you 100%, Eva and Yaya took one or two decent pictures; while Amanda took great pictures week after week.....I think it's a shame that she didn't win.....

FORT Newbie
    Sometimes the age is not important,but the look is!Amanda is a pretty one...