Thread: Amanda Lynn Swafford

I don't think I've seen these posted before:

TONS and TONS of pre and post ANTM pictures of Amanda! Enjoy!

http://www.celestadanger.com/amanda.html

FORT Newbie
    OK my 2 cents worth re Amanda. She creeps me out bigtime and I'm talking about her personality, not her eyes.
    There's something skanky and not right about her which was evident in her interview bytes during the show. I got to dislike her as nasty very fast.
    I don't think she's beautiful, striking, maybe.
    SHe looks like Annie Lennox and is manly in the same way and nobody's ever suggested Annie was top model material. IN many of the pictures I have seen (not the ANTM ones) she is Ugly! BIG nose. IN the link above which has a whole bunch, she looks dead eyed and dull and lifeless in most of them Maybe she's on drugs?
    ALso Amanda's body is ALL WRONG. she has "long torso, short leg" syndrome. Limits the type of shots she can do, photogs will always be shooting her from a low angle or sitting/crouching/kneeling- hiding her proportions basically.
    It looks like she has already had some sort of career doing 'glamour' and more down-market work under the name Amanda Mellard, and those pics are nothing to get excited about.
    Lastly, what about the issue of her child? SHe came across as a BAD MOTHER.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 06-18-2005 at 04:27 PM. Reason: removed baiting comment

Quote Originally Posted by mustafa
    OK my 2 cents worth re Amanda. She creeps me out bigtime and I'm talking about her personality, not her eyes.
    There's something skanky and not right about her which was evident in her interview bytes during the show. I got to dislike her as nasty very fast.
    I don't think she's beautiful, striking, maybe.
    SHe looks like Annie Lennox and is manly in the same way and nobody's ever suggested Annie was top model material. IN many of the pictures I have seen (not the ANTM ones) she is Ugly! BIG nose. IN the link above which has a whole bunch, she looks dead eyed and dull and lifeless in most of them Maybe she's on drugs?
    ALso Amanda's body is ALL WRONG. she has "long torso, short leg" syndrome. Limits the type of shots she can do, photogs will always be shooting her from a low angle or sitting/crouching/kneeling- hiding her proportions basically.
    It looks like she has already had some sort of career doing 'glamour' and more down-market work under the name Amanda Mellard, and those pics are nothing to get excited about.
    Lastly, what about the issue of her child? SHe came across as a BAD MOTHER.
    Sorry, I think she's trash.
    Hmm where to start, first of all I agree Amanda's look is a little more spookier then most of the other top models. I personally think she has a decent body though, not amazing but in no way terrible. As for not being head over heels beautiful, Jay Manuel made the same comment when they were taking the Verragio Spider Brooch Photoshoot. On the positive, she has great skin, a decent body, and an amazing set of eyes.

As for your comments on her being a bad mother, I don't know what your basing that on, other than she left her son to go on a reality tv show, but we have no substance to make such a terrible accusation like that, for all we know Amanda can be supermom. So calling her a BAD MOTHER is really a weird thing to say, cuz the show never showed anything about her mothering techniques. (Except the time where she was singing Itsy Bitsy spider i think on the phone with her son, which made me teary eyed)

[mod edit] Anyway, I doubt she's going to work on becoming a model. However, I think she would make a great face model, the kind that do ads for make up brands or perfumes, not clothes.
    Last edited by hepcat; 06-18-2005 at 11:36 PM. Reason: removed baiting

Let's not forget the rules of the site - contestants on the show are fair game for any kind of comment, as long as it's within our site guidelines. Attacking other posters' opinions is not allowed.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Oops, sorry!!

Quote Originally Posted by funkalicious
    [mod edit] Anyway, I doubt she's going to work on becoming a model. However, I think she would make a great face model, the kind that do ads for make up brands or perfumes, not clothes.
    Amanda would do great in clothing actually, she was labelled as the "High Fashion" girl in season 3, so of course she will be a great model for Haute Couture and a wonderful muse for designers.

aga
    FORTified
    I wouldn't go as far as to label her a bad mother but she not only left her child to participate in the reality show, but also left him to go to NYC to land modeling gigs. I think she left him with her parents who seem to have been in his life for most if not all of his life, so they are a stable presence in his life. If she and her parents are willing to coparent him with her parents taking the lead given that they seem to be more constant, that is fine with me. Hopefully, she won't be one of the parents who drop in and out of ther kids life and then feels the need to dominate during the time that she "dropped in."
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Fanatic
    I know that Amanda was in Asheville on May 31st, so we can probably assume that she saw her son then. I personally believe she's done what she said she was going to do in January - be with her kid. I seriously doubt she's trying to live the model lifestyle up in NYC right now - if anything, she's doing some work when it's convenient for her and her child, and trying being the best mother she knows how to be. I'm giving Amanda the benefit of the doubt.