Thread: Amanda Lynn Swafford

... and for the third time, the best girl finishes third. Pattern anyone? I was truly shocked to see Amanda get eliminated when her picture was clearly the best, but I do think Eva is a worthy winner.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Ugh, I'm at a total loss.
    I believe Amanda's CG photo was the best picture EVER taken this season on ANTM.
    I was floored when they kicked her off in 3rd but I think there are specific reasons yaya and eva were in the final two (tyra's 'dr phil-esque' talk show debuting and the most troubled girl winning antm...hmm.) Don't get me wrong Eva is pretty in her own right and very commercial but to me-she isn't very photogenic. Amanda never had a weak moment and had the best portfolio imaginable. I also think there is something be said about how much pull tyra actually has with the results Amanda was Janice's total favorite...hmph.

I just found this finale to be very anticlimactic.
    Was that even a real runway show or was it 'put on' by tyra and company?
    I mean, Jay was directing it correct?...and there was all of 10 people there with the 'panel' screaming and shouting It just didn't look very professional.

I was really looking forward to an awesome runway finale, like seasons past...
    it was like watching night of the living dead-bad choice in my book.
    even amanda wouldn't have had a problem with it lol
    ANTM 4 FAVS: MichelleBrittany

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 times
    popnurse - The rest are in thumbnail format on wireimage.com - I made a decision to only post Amanda's larger shots in her thread because the others are not worth my time.
    It's too bad you don't think the others are worth your time.
    Amanda looks nice at the party - love her dress.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Wow, she's gorgeous! She looks like what America's Next Top Model should be. It was ridiculous to have Yaya beat her out. Amanda did not have one bad photo, while Yaya had a few. Amanda had a much more pleasant quirky personality. Yaya sucked.
    Now Eva and Amanda as the final two would have been more of a contest. Comparing them head to head, they seem pretty equal in ability to me. However, Amanda looks couture and exquisite, Eva looks commercial and cute.
    I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but this whole thing was SO set up. Keep some integrity in season 4 Tyra, please!!
    Last edited by bonsaibutterfly; 12-16-2004 at 10:45 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Doesn't Amanda look like the actor from the English Patient (Fiennes?).

She looks fabulous in these!! I love how her dress and eyeshadow matches her eyes. Wonderful all around.

Aw, Amanda looks so gorgeous! I love her new haircut, it's so much better than the style they gave her. I was so sad to see her get cut last night. Even Janice yelled out, "love you" and Janice is a tough one to please. Hopefully, she'll get a contract after the show.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

FORT Fogey
    Yea she looks much better in these pics than on the show. I wish she would go back to her natural hair color though. I just think blue eyes and brown hair is a great contrast.

I'm not digging the yellow blonde hair. She would look great with brown or red hair.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I turned off the finale after Amanda got eliminated. :phhht All that crap about her personality is just a subterfuge for the real reason they didn't want her - her eyesight. She was the best, and the best should prevail. Who cares if she only has a couple of years left to do runway shows and such? Eva could get hit by a bus tomorrow and have a short career too. :phhht :phhht :phhht to ANTM and Tyra Banks.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels