Page 101 of 170 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1695

Thread: Amanda Lynn Swafford

I hope Amanda wins now that we're down to three.

(PS IM JUST POSTING SO THAT WE HAVE 1000 POSTS IN THIS THREAD!! WOOT!!!)

Hooray! 1000 posts in the Amanda thread. Any Amanda fan that hasn't viewed the clip on Yahoo should go NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Just for clarification...

Yes, she can collect social security benefits if it is determined by a licensed opthamologist she is "legally blind" (anyone with vision worse than 20/200 that cannot be improved with corrective lenses ).

Also, only 6% of the blind/visually impaired population are completely blind (total darkness). Most of us have *some* remaiinng vision, whether it be the distinction between light and dark, shapes, movement, colors, etc.
    I (and my ignorance on the subject) stand corrected. And informed.

Even more power to her, that being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    But anyway, we're not dealing with stereotypes here. We're using words to describe cultural movements, and we need words like these to talk about the world. Sorry if anyone has been offended.
    I don't think anyone was offended. Just that words change when the times change, and when you're arguing that a hippie has to be this countercultural stickin' it to The Man liberal activist who gets high on Rousseau or whatnot, you are essentially also perpetuating a stereotype - and a fossilized one at that. The meaning of hippie has, imo, become disconnected with the movement that spawned the term, no offense to your dad who sounds, btw, really cool.

Okay, off my tangent. In other news, I'm really, really lukewarm about Amanda. I'd rather have Yaya or Eva win before her - though that's not saying Amanda is the least meritorious. Some of her pictures have been the best of the comp, but this girl is 25, and clearly looks it.

FORT Fogey
    She looks great for 25, but, still looks older

Her age really stood out in the street fashion go-see segment. I have to wonder if a red or brown hair color might have helped soften her look, though.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    I don't think anyone was offended. Just that words change when the times change, and when you're arguing that a hippie has to be this countercultural stickin' it to The Man liberal activist who gets high on Rousseau or whatnot, you are essentially also perpetuating a stereotype - and a fossilized one at that.
    Okay, I'm a little lost, and I've been trying to end this for a while now, but people keep responding. I personally don't think I'm stereotyping anyone by defining 'hippie' by the old ideals - that's just my definition, even if it may be an archaic one. I don't think you can stereotype abstract concepts. And I'm certainly not stereotyping Amanda... so could we please let it drop?

Back on topic: Amanda did say that she collects benefits.

i hope she does improve her appearance. I wonder if Tyra helped her improve post show. I know she will get contracts whether or not she becomes "America's Next Top Model" Season 3.

I hope so! I want to see her everywhere in print and hope she makes it in other ways as well. It would be interesting if she won after all... Is it possible the powers that be have arranged things so we would all assume she could not win when in reality, she does? I know, I know, I'm being crazily optimistic.

I think I read somewhere that there had also been a post-competition Amanda sighting (as well as an Ann sighting) and she had also changed her hair color from blonde. Didn't say what it was, or I don't remember. Personally, I think she'd be a much better looking redhead or brunette. The blonde hair does make her look almost albino like.