Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nole' Marin

FORT Newbie

Nole' Marin

Please forgive my ignorance, as TV is not my forte'. I was contacted by Nole' Marin about purchasing a dog from me. I have to admit. I knew nothing about the man, what he does, or even who was, until we spoke. So now I am looking for information about him. I know that he currently owns three dogs, one of which he takes on TV with him. She is apparently getting older and he wants a another dog to stand in her place if she was ill or simply getting to elderly to tolerate the stress of TV.
    I have looked on the internet for info about him, and found only small little blurbs...I would like to know more about him....he seems like a really nice guy....but then I have never met him.
    Any information or links would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

You might want to start with gathering some basic information. It would help if you access the adoption application from a reputable agency as a guideline.

Some basic questions to consider are:

1. Get the name and phone number of his vet. The vet can give you a history of how his other animals are treated. (Do they receive their shots on time, the condition of the other dogs, who usually brings them in).

2. If he is fairly local to you, go to visit the house and yard. For example, if he lets his dogs outside, is the yard fenced and does it have a shelter to get out of the rain or wind? Is water available to all of the dogs? How is the supply of dog food? Do the other dogs have ID colors and rabies shot tags? If your dog doesn't like cats, is their one there.

3. Who is the primary caregiver for the dogs? Other than being feed, are the dogs exercised daily? Are the dogs played with for stimulation?

4. Why does he want another dog? Is it just to show on TV?

5. How long has he kept dogs in the past? What would he do if the new dog ate things, pooped around the house, etc.

6. Will he have the dog fixed, if you haven't already?

If you feel that your dog(s) are more than just a commodity, give him an application to fill out and sign for you. Most people understand how an owner would care that the dog will go to the best home (not necessarily the richest) and wouldn't mind filling out an application themselves.

Good luck to you and the dog!

FORT Newbie
    [

1. Get the name and phone number of his vet. The vet can give you a history of how his other animals are treated. (Do they receive their shots on time, the condition of the other dogs, who usually brings them in).

While this seems like a simple idea. It is not. It is against the law for a vet to release any information regarding a client and their dogs and the care of their dogs.

2. If he is fairly local to you, go to visit the house and yard. For example, if he lets his dogs outside, is the yard fenced and does it have a shelter to get out of the rain or wind? Is water available to all of the dogs? How is the supply of dog food? Do the other dogs have ID colors and rabies shot tags? If your dog doesn't like cats, is their one there.

3. Who is the primary caregiver for the dogs? Other than being feed, are the dogs exercised daily? Are the dogs played with for stimulation?

4. Why does he want another dog? Is it just to show on TV?

5. How long has he kept dogs in the past? What would he do if the new dog ate things, pooped around the house, etc.

6. Will he have the dog fixed, if you haven't already?

Good luck to you and the dog!

Thanks for these ideas, but I have already asked him all these questions and more. But my thing is, does any one "know" anything about. I know that there are people out there that make it their hobby to know the ins and outs of "hollywood"... That was my goal. Some one that knows about him as a person.

[QUOTE=Snap-Draggon....But my thing is, does any one "know" anything about. I know that there are people out there that make it their hobby to know the ins and outs of "hollywood"... That was my goal. Some one that knows about him as a person.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my mistake.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    who the heck is Nole' Marin? I know who cheech marin is. but not Nole'

I'm lost too, joeguy. I had to google him...he's got something to do with Americas Next Top Model
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    who the heck is Nole' Marin? I know who cheech marin is. but not Nole'
    I almost forgot about him.

I'm curious to know who this "Nole' Marin" is also.... What show was he/she on? Reality show?

Ask me anything about Toni Ferrari or Joe Rogan or Rocco or Fantasia or .....
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I would really like to see a buff loic of Joe Rogan. (Even though he might be a little bit of a jerk.)

Maybe Snap Dragon and get the inside personal or Hollywood scoop from a fan based Nole Marin website.

FORT Newbie
    He is the producer (or one of the producers) of America's Next Top Model..... ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast