Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ANTM Special: The Runway Ahead scheduled for May 11th

FORT Regular
    This must be the show that the producers in New York were talking about when they came in to film Shandi. I was there when she came home and they filmed her at her high school, interviewed her parents, and all the good stuff. I heard it was 2 hours but I guess they got it all in to one hour unless this is something different Guess I will just have to wait and watch it! Should be interesting!!!!

Oh and LizardKing, Shandi isn't signed with IMG. After she left here, she went to New York for 8 different interviews. I got word on who she signed with but I don't want to reveal any info until she writes me back and lets me know if I heard correctly.
    Last edited by ~Talon*Girl~; 04-29-2004 at 04:57 PM.

Aha! So she wasn't signed by IMG.... I was wondering why I didn't see anything about that in print (aside from in gossip columns). My guess for an agency would be Vision, but what do I know? Could be any one of the remaining 7. Thanks for the correction!

Wow. So IMG didn't sign Shandi? I wonder if there's some sort of gag order until the "revisit" episode. So Shandi and her boyfriend are moving to New York basically on a wing and a prayer, huh?

LOOKING AT THAT POST ELIMINATION ROUND UP
    -doesn't it seem as tho Catie is the one milking the cow.
    she almost as visible as Yoanna except for she is in the LA Fashion world where Yoanna is in the New York side of the business.
    I think that is sucky but i am glad that she is getting it done. my visions of her will always be one of her crying and being a baby. i assume that in a year that will be a thing of the past once the new season starts.
    ANTM 3 ROCKS!

Shandi didn't need IMG they needed her and any agency that gets her is fortunate and i say that about the last 4 girls (minus Yoanna) and Sara included.
    It is all in the mind the ability to reach goals and the overcoming of fear is the step to limitless success.
    Fashion is life.

Quote Originally Posted by pleightx
    So Shandi and her boyfriend are moving to New York basically on a wing and a prayer, huh?
    But she did sign with an agency. I can't wait to find out which one.

FORT Newbie
    If April doesn't sign with IMG I'm hoping she would sign with DNA because their second in the top ten modeling agencies in NY

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pleightx
    So Shandi and her boyfriend are moving to New York basically on a wing and a prayer, huh?
    Shandi did sign with someone.... I'm just waiting to hear from her to make sure I heard right before I tell. But, even if she hadn't signed with anyone, she would still have interviews and magazine shoots. I know if I didn't get signed with IMG, I would still move there cause someone is gonna sign her sometime.

Awww, it's so nice to see you guys here in the ANTM forum. I feel like the May special will be like a reunion!

Wow, LK, that list is great, very comprehensive. We almost don't need the follow-up special with you on the job!

COUNTDOWN to the RUNWAY AHEAD!!!
    Last edited by John; 05-04-2004 at 05:31 PM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm pretty certain the ANTM special won't be broad-casted in Sweden (or for that matter most other countries than the US: unless it was part of the package that the networks bought from UPN). SnowflakeGirl, I am therefore very grateful for you taking the time to do a recap (I know it takes ages to do one, rewinding the tape to listen if you've got the quotes right etc.). Anyway, checking the FORT at the 12'th of May, I will get the main points of the special from the posts made by all of you ANTM-natics out there, but the wait for the recap will be worth it: attention to detail and wittiness (it's not like you don't know it SnowflakeGirl, even if your recaps were lousy, I'd admire you taking time to do something that "has" to be done: the UPN ones don't count).

I am really happy to hear Shandi has been signed (I think a cousin is a much better resource than a gossip columnist). That is the main thing: that it wasn't IMG is secondary. As long as Shandi stays away from commercials (let commercial girls do those things), I think she's on the right path. I'm confident she'll be somone's muse. Remember, Janice "tells 'em how it is" [Dr Phil style], "supermodel in the making", "perfection personified" etc.: unless she's on drugs again, superlatives like that mean something.
    Last edited by fredlun; 04-30-2004 at 07:35 AM.

FORT Newbie

A little more info

After the second-cycle finale of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL, the cameras continued to capture key moments in the lives of Yoanna and the other participants who have moved on to successful endeavors. While some of the girls returned to their hometowns to face family, friends and boyfriends, others went to the Big Apple and Hollywood to further pursue their dreams. Tune in to see the triumphs and challenges in the participants' personal lives as they developed after the thrilling finale of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL.

You'll get a behind-the-scenes look at Yoanna's high-profile publicity appearances and her introduction to the most competitive runways, top models, designers and fashion gurus during L.A. Fashion Week. This event is a breeding ground for cutting-edge talent attracting the industry's prestigious buyers, press and celebrities. Additional footage will showcase winner Yoanna's big red carpet appearance entrance at the AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL finale party as well as her return home to visit her mom.

We'll find out how Shandi's life has changed since her adventures in Milan, especially regarding her relationship with her boyfriend, while Mercedes provides an update on how she is managing her battle with lupus. The cameras also follow participants April, Camille, Sara, Catie, Xiomara, Jenascia, Heather, Bethany and Anna, who continue to rely on each other for advice, companionship and even a place to sleep, as they pursue their shared dreams. Additional footage will include Sara's sexy photo shoot for a spread in Maxim magazine, Camille's reception by her former college-mates when she returned to Howard University and April's trip back to New York to make an appearance at Judge Nigel Barker's private soirée. Don't miss this special look back on AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL: THE RUNWAY AHEAD, airing Tuesday, May 11th at 9PM ET/PT, and the rebroadcast airing Wednesday, May 12th at 9PM ET/PT.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast