Thread: 'Top Model' Gets Extra Runway Time in Sweeps

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar

'Top Model' Gets Extra Runway Time in Sweeps

This Article was posted on Zap2it about a new one hour followup show (there is some mention of it in the Shandi thread):

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - UPN is hoping one last glimpse at the contestants from "America's Next Top Model" can boost its May sweeps performance.
    The network has scheduled a one-hour special, "America's Next Top Model: The Runway Ahead," for Tuesday, May 11. The show will catch up with the 12 finalists from the recently completed season, with special focus on winner Yoanna House as she begins her career, UPN says.

It's no surprise that UPN would want to capitalize on the show in sweeps -- "Top Model" is far and away the network's most-watched series this season. It drew an average of 6.3 million viewers per week during its run, which ended with House winning the title last month. The network has two more cycles of the show set for next season.

"The Runway Ahead" will follow House on some of her first post-show photo shoots and publicity appearances, as well as to the runways of L.A.'s recently staged Fashion Week. It will also feature new interviews with other contestants, friends and family, and updates on what the contestants are doing now.

For those curious as to whether second runner-up Shandi Sullivan was able to save her relationship with boyfriend Eric after cheating on him in Italy, there's no need to wait until the special to find out -- at the recent finale party the two were present and very much together.

yay,
    its going to air sooner than expected
    i am totally going to tape it. and i need to find out if my top 2 are still here in seattle

Yay! I guess my next ANTM-fix is only 35 days away!

My little engine says "I think I can, I think I can."
    I hope they interview Mr. Bulky.

Shandi. So hot right now. teal razz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlecat
    For those curious as to whether second runner-up Shandi Sullivan was able to save her relationship with boyfriend Eric after cheating on him in Italy, there's no need to wait until the special to find out -- at the recent finale party the two were present and very much together.
    ya, he'll be in the special too, the camera crews were in K.C. this week filming them on Shandi's birthday.
    ya pink elephant!

Yippeee! If I could do cartwheels, I would be doing them now. Thanks littlecat. Best news all day.

They should do this for season 1 also, for those that missed it

Extension of article....

Quote Originally Posted by littlecat
    This Article was posted on Zap2it about a new one hour followup show (there is some mention of it in the Shandi thread):
    This article was reprinted on the realityblurred site (page dated April 7, 2004) and the page went on talk about judge Eric Nicholson and supplied a link to the gawker site which had posted a bizarre yet funny video dating(?)-type profile and pic of Eric (no boring office shirt). The realityblurred site also mentioned something about Yoanna being stalked in NY.... Let's see if I can post a link: http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...odel_2_special

Here's the pic....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LizardKing; 04-07-2004 at 03:23 AM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing
    This article was reprinted on the realityblurred site (page dated April 7, 2004) and the page went on talk about judge Eric Nicholson and supplied a link to the gawker site which had posted a bizarre yet funny video dating(?)-type profile and pic of Eric (no boring office shirt). The realityblurred site also mentioned something about Yoanna being stalked in NY.... Let's see if I can post a link: http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...odel_2_special

Here's the pic....

Aww, poor little Eric only has 18 friendsters

I'm so glad they're going to do a follow up to ANTM! Ditto on wishing we could've revisited season 1's contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing

Here's the pic....
    haha he has that on his chest. haha what a bay boy.
    haha i wonder why he changed