Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Did Yoanna Win For Publicity?

Quote Originally Posted by pleightx
    True SnowflakeGirl. Glad that she did it healthily. But with bodies like Shandi's or Elyse's, you know for sure they won't change dramatically.
    That's not true. I had a roommate in college who was slightly heavy who had been the skinniest girl in her class in high school. And the two skinniest girls in my graduating class--the ones who looked like Twiggy at the time (OK, I'm old) both got seriously heavy after they hit their late twenties or early thirties. Metabolism can change at any time.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Yoanna is coming off as a great spokes model for the show, she's doing the media circuit like no other... anyone notice she did the most "interviewed" re-caps during the season ESPECIALLY compared to Shandi (who was also there for 10 weeks), S was very slow and mellow (perhaps because she lost 0

Pleightx, I love your avatar!

Kewl!

FORT Newbie
    Wow Pleightx, THAT'S some amaaazing CG rite there (i think ish CG) Wow...kudos (how did ya do it???)

Um...I dunno. I dont agree because you really couldn't see "the model in Shandi" before the makeover. I think even Shandi fans would give you that.
    All the girls in the top 3 transformed extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Um you might know that but "we" really don't. The show got quite popular this season, any winner was going to get publicity for winning. Besides, I bet we could come up with some appealing "story" for every girl if needed, for publicity.

Would you publicity theory people be tearing down the winner if *your* favorite had won? We have an 8 zillion post thread about the Shandi Cinderella story, Mercedes and her disease, etc...
    Just an opinion

i hear ya miss griss... i was about as skinny as shandi in high school and when i hit college my metabolism seriously changed and i gained thirty pounds like that. it can happen

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    And the two skinniest girls in my graduating class--the ones who looked like Twiggy at the time (OK, I'm old) both got seriously heavy after they hit their late twenties or early thirties. Metabolism can change at any time.
    Good god, hopefully anyone who is in their late twenties or thirties will not STILL be modeling high fashion. I'm not saying that women can't age beautifully or can't do high fashion after a certain age, but this is a business based on looks and vanity. Besides, at that age everyone needs a little help. Just ask Ms. Pass-Me-Another-Greasy-Wing Tyra.

Quote Originally Posted by pleightx
    Good god, hopefully anyone who is in their late twenties or thirties will not STILL be modeling high fashion. I'm not saying that women can't age beautifully or can't do high fashion after a certain age, but this is a business based on looks and vanity. Besides, at that age everyone needs a little help. Just ask Ms. Pass-Me-Another-Greasy-Wing Tyra.
    That's true, and I hesitated to put those examples in, because I knew someone would say that. But as Starylea's experience (and that of my college roommate, who was 20 at most) prove, a person's metabolism can change at any point, and that was the point of the post.

I was responding to someone who said that they should have chosen Shandi instead of Yoanna, because Yoanna might gain the weight back, and Shandi was guaranteed to stay thin, because she was naturally that way. And I still stick by the point I was making, which is that's no guarantee.

But that doesn't mean you have to agree with me.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fan
    Saw a pic of Yoanna in this week's US magazine. Girl has lost some more weight and it doesn't look good. All she has is a face. She didn't have a body to begin with.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234