Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Yoanna Win For Publicity?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Well, pleightx, I think the one good thing about Yoanna's weight loss is that, while dramatic, it was done slowly and sensibly. Didn't she say it took her 2 years with a trainer to lose the initial 50, and then the last 10 took place in the six months since the show ended, and during that time she was doing Pilates, yoga, etc. Not shooting up and eating Saltines--the Tatiana Patitz method of weight loss!
    True SnowflakeGirl. Glad that she did it healthily. But with bodies like Shandi's or Elyse's, you know for sure they won't change dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by SayYes19
    Just because Mercedes isn't rail thin doesn't mean she has to lose weight. Dawg! I'm tired of all these steretypical model standards! Look at Tyra! She's the largest Victoria's Secret model and she isn't being criticized.
    Oh my gawd! I know. Tyra has even admitted that she is a little bit big (overweight) for a supermodel. She told Heather that she's "borderline plus-size" and skeleton Yoanna gets told that she needs to tone up. No wonder 12 year old girls are getting eating disorders! Then, what's ironic is that Tyra wants to open a camp where she can talk about body image to young girls. And they keep talking about the Kate Moss phenomenon. What phenomenon? That girl needed some McDonalds in her body-seriously! I know some girls are just naturally really skinny. What I'm saying is that if Tyra can be a little overweight and be a supermodel, then why criticize other girls? "Sara-you're too sexy." Well, what are models in V.S. and Sports Illustrated if not sexy? Ugh, I don't get it.
    Last edited by Citizen Kaos; 03-31-2004 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gucci-N-MyPucci
    Of course it was for publicity. Why do you think it was on TV?
    April or Sara could've pulled it off, but we all know it's just for the publicity and because Yoanna "lived and breathed fashion"

My little engine says "I think I can, I think I can."
    Quote Originally Posted by sk00lgal
    April or Sara could've pulled it off, but we all know it's just for the publicity and because Yoanna "lived and breathed fashion"

She needs to go live and breathe some sun.

whenever yoanna spoke about that damn elsa woman's tv show i wanted to kick something. its like ' yeah we get the point, you chose fashion over scooby doo' who gives a *!&^ i love this show but its just a little too dramatic.. well, it is television and they need ratings. because IMG doesnt give a rats @$$ if you adore Vogue magazine, they just want to see if your nose is symmetrical. its still an exciting show, just not realistic
    C' tutta una vita in un'ora d'amore.

FORT Fogey
    Of course it was for publicity, why else would everyone referred to Yoanna as the "SUPRISED" winner of ANTM who lost so-and-so pounds?

Yoanna looks a little TOO thin now in my opinion. I saw a photo of her posing with Tyra and her head looks HUGE!!! It doesn't help that she has no breast or hips or anything. Her body type just isn't that appealing to me. Yuck.... Mercedes and April have much better bodies, and they look healthier too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    I don't think she won for publicity's sake...she worked it, for god's sake. Okay, she fell, and her shoe broke, which wasn't her fault. She still had a great deal more potential than a lot of the girls. Besides, a lot of the girls (the top 6) had a lot of raw potential. Just because they didn't win on the show doesn't mean that they won't be picked up.
    I agree. I don't think Yoanna won just for publicity or drama. The other girls had equally or more interesting stories that they could have milked. Yoanna did not win just so that the end could be a surprise. With editing, they could have made any girl's win look like a surprise. I don't think she won just because they thought she "needed" it, either. They obviously want to put the very best girl out there.

She won because some of the judges (presumably Tyra and Eric) thought she was beautiful, took amazing photographs, and had the personality to carry the title. I understand why some of you may not like her - it is a fact that Yoanna has less fans than both Shandi and Mercedes - because Yoanna is perhaps less accessible, less perfect than let's say... April. But don't create conspiracy theories just because you're disappointed and don't agree with the judges' decision. Yoanna has a little head start over the others, but that doesn't mean that the others can't be successful, perhaps more successful than Yoanna... if they earn it! I think all of the final four have potential and have benefited from this competition, so just be happy for them and think positive. (I know, this is easy for me to say, because my favorite won. But not last time! Poor Elyse.)

Quote Originally Posted by coco_puff
    Yoanna looks a little TOO thin now in my opinion. I saw a photo of her posing with Tyra and her head looks HUGE!!! It doesn't help that she has no breast or hips or anything. Her body type just isn't that appealing to me. Yuck.... Mercedes and April have much better bodies, and they look healthier too.
    She is getting a little thinner. No more fat rolling off the top of her pants. But it really isn't about body fat, she's just very oddly shaped. Big head, square shoulders, no boobs and hunchbacked.

If she ever makes it into the big leagues, I'll still have mental images of her fat rolls and horsey runway walk.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sk00lgal
    Um you might know that but "we" really don't. The show got quite popular this season, any winner was going to get publicity for winning. Besides, I bet we could come up with some appealing "story" for every girl if needed, for publicity.

Would you publicity theory people be tearing down the winner if *your* favorite had won? We have an 8 zillion post thread about the Shandi Cinderella story, Mercedes and her disease, etc...
    Last edited by geekgirl; 04-01-2004 at 12:01 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast