Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Yoanna Win For Publicity?

FORT Regular
    I agree that Yoanna is gorgeous... from the neck up. They complained about her body for weeks, she fell at the video shoot, and they all acknowledged Mercedes beat her on the runway. From the moment that Shandi got eliminated, I smelled a fix!
    Yoanna fell at a video shoot so she can't be a top model, what with all the videos models are required to dance in. I presume one of the requirements to being a top model is the ability to say haute couture. A skill Mercedes doesn't have.

In the most recent photos from the finale party the only thing that sticks out to me is how pudgy Mercedes looks next to Yoanna and Shandi. She could stand to lose a few pounds.

If you get the chance watch I want a Famous Face on MTV featuring the girl who wants to look like Kate Winslet. She lost a lot of weight and had seriously sagging skin around her stomach. She had plastic surgery to remove the extra skin and breast implants and a breast lift. She was left with a horizontal scar all the way across her stomach. She is now working as a swimsuit model.

Honorary Fraggle
    Quote Originally Posted by Surly

In the most recent photos from the finale party the only thing that sticks out to me is how pudgy Mercedes looks next to Yoanna and Shandi. She could stand to lose a few pounds.
    OK, a strand of a babys hair would look pudgy next to those two! My point was, how could Yoanna fail/fall when others (April, Sara) didn't do nearly as much wrong and got booted early?

FORT Fogey
    Mercedes is very thin! Just because shes not a skeleton doesnt mean she needs to lose a few pounds. I also think most guys would agree Mercedes has the best body out of the 3.

agreed caramelbeauty81

FORT Regular
    OK, a strand of a babys hair would look pudgy next to those two! My point was, how could Yoanna fail/fall when others (April, Sara) didn't do nearly as much wrong and got booted early?
    Because models are hired to look good and take great pictures, not to dance. The others were booted because they, arguably, do not have the same presence on camera that Yoanna's face has. Think about it, Sara's face was always being criticized for being to sexy, April's face was always criticized for showing no emotion, and Mercedes' face was always criticized for being too cute.

Just because Mercedes isn't rail thin doesn't mean she has to lose weight. Dawg! I'm tired of all these steretypical model standards! Look at Tyra! She's the largest Victoria's Secret model and she isn't being criticized.
    We bout to throw dem bows
    We bout to swang dem thangs
    It's 'bout to be a what? Girlfight!

I never once thought of Mercedes as needing to improve her body. After all, who did Dsquared2 put in the short shorts? I didn't see Yoanna's booty on the runway!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I never once thought of Mercedes as needing to improve her body. After all, who did Dsquared2 put in the short shorts? I didn't see Yoanna's booty on the runway!
    Yeah, they could barely peel off Yoanna's slacks backstage. And I know she's not that size anymore but I don't like it that she feels like she needs to do it to succeed. She has to do it for her own self. Remember Janice saying somewhere that the designers want to know that a model won't dramatically change and go up four sizes in a short amount of time, due to stress eating, death in family, breakups, etc... So if Yoanna can change that dramatically, is it possible for her to yo-yo back up?

Well, pleightx, I think the one good thing about Yoanna's weight loss is that, while dramatic, it was done slowly and sensibly. Didn't she say it took her 2 years with a trainer to lose the initial 50, and then the last 10 took place in the six months since the show ended, and during that time she was doing Pilates, yoga, etc. Not shooting up and eating Saltines--the Tatiana Patitz method of weight loss!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

My little engine says "I think I can, I think I can."
    Of course it was for publicity. Why do you think it was on TV?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast