View Poll Results: Would you watch a male version of ANTM?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ewww, no. Y chromosomes are icky!

5 10.00%
  • Maybe...might tune in once or twice out of curiousity, but don't think it would be as fun.

16 32.00%
  • HELL YEAH! Make sure there's a hot oil wrestling photo shoot!

29 58.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you watch a male version of ANTM?

Someone might as well start a petition: www.petitiononline.com
    We bout to throw dem bows
    We bout to swang dem thangs
    It's 'bout to be a what? Girlfight!

I wouldn't watch...well, i'd watch the first episode maybe, but I just have 0 desire to watch a male version of the show. Nothing against guys, but I find ANTM interesting because it's girls like me in a sense....relatable I guess

Would I watch it? With pleasure!

FORT Newbie
    Yea! Guys would have this masculinity-being-challenged complex going on! ^^ i would call that drama

FORT Fogey
    I think thats just an untrue stereotype anyways that most male models are gay. I mean do people take polls of this kind of thing? plus there are very few male models that we can even name so how would we know what their sexual preferance is? If Tyra had 12 male finalists, I would be willing to bet the majority would most likely be straight. I could be wrong but its just a guess.

If the sexual orientation of models is, as you say, an unknown quantity, how could you assume that the majority would be straight? That seems heterosexist to me.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    The possibilities are too limited. Men can't be skinny like Shandi or Elyse, and they can't be "plus sized" like Anna or Robin, and they can't do high fashion editorials. It'd probably mostly be blonde gym rats making faces at the camera for catalogue ads. I'll just rent Zoolander again, thanks.

That's not necessarily true, Quack, there is diversity in male models, and they work in high fashion editorials all the time; I just don't think they garner as much "househould name" recognition status as female models do, but that's because society is quicker to commodify women's physical beauty over males.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack-Wabbit
    The possibilities are too limited. Men can't be skinny like Shandi or Elyse, and they can't be "plus sized" like Anna or Robin, and they can't do high fashion editorials. It'd probably mostly be blonde gym rats making faces at the camera for catalogue ads. I'll just rent Zoolander again, thanks.
    ummm there's a lot of variability in male models, a few of my friends, acquaintances are male models. They come skinny, buff, catty, cool, gay, straight... stereotypes often shrivel in the face of real people... If men couldn't be interesting, then reality tv shows would be all women and clearly that's not the case.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

id watch it... especially any underwear episode they have- omg. i'd lick the tv screen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast