Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Rivals: Idol vs. Next Top Model

American Rivals: Idol vs. Next Top Model

In 'Top Model,' a match for 'Idol'

Sockeroo finale actually pulled teens from warbler

By Diego Vasquez

What do you know? There's something out there that can actually tear teens away from "American Idol." As you might expect, it's another reality series.
    The finale of "America's Next Top Model" on UPN Tuesday climaxed with a 4.6 rating in the final half-hour. It's very rare that "Idol" loses viewers of any type as the night progresses, but in that same 9:30 time period, the Fox show's teen rating sank 0.9 to a 7.3.
    "Model," meanwhile, rose 24 percent from its first half-hour to its second.
    Even among the very young, 2-11s, the show placed second in its 9:30 time slot and apparently drew viewers from "Idol," which dipped 23 percent in the final half-hour.
    In most key demos, “Top Model” finished a strong second on Tuesday night, behind only “Idol.” “Top Model” finished second in 18-34s and 12-34s.
    The final episode was up 26 percent over last season’s finale among viewers 18-34, and a huge 110 percent among teens.
    Last season’s climax, which took place in July, posted a 2.0 rating among teens, compared to this year’s 4.2. “Top Model” will return with two editions next season of the Tyra Banks-produced show.
    [...]
    Source: http://www.medialifemagazine.com/new...ws4friday.html
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I got bored with American Idol. What's so great about THAT show?

Janice beats Simon any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized

agreed. i consider myself a reality junkie but american idol doesn't do it for me. i don't watch that or survivor.

I actually watch both shows, so it was hard for me the past couple of Tuesdays when AI went for 2 hours. I couldn't watch the second hour, and couldn't even tape it because I use the VCR for ANTM. I hope next season they aren't scheduled against each other like that.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

i prefer next top model- the results show on AI are a waste of time. Plus, i like how you know who gets voted off next top model by the end of the show, its so suspenseful- I also like how people in the actual industry get to vote versus the public, otherwise we'd have catie or heather as the winner, i don't trust america's vote- especially seeing how tamyra was voted off before nikki mckibin, and how carmen rasmussen and josh the soldier got so far on AI.

I hate the results show too, Withoutasol. AI requires way too much of a time investment for me, anyway. I do like to watch the performances, however, so I was peeved to miss the 2nd hour on Tuesdays--but I love ANTM, so I willingly made the sacrifice!

I also echo your sentiments on the reasons why it's better to have the professionals determine the eliminations, at least on this show.

I watch AI and record ANTM

I don't care for American Idol at all. To me, it's just a bunch of singing, which bores me. I find the fashion industry far more interesting. And with ANTM, you get to see the process and become attached to the personalities involved. It's more like a story. Also, ANTM seems a lot more professional to me: I'd much rather have Janice, Tyra, Nigel, and Eric pick the winner than the public... which I don't trust as all. A more legitimate competition, in general, and a more entertaining TV show to watch. I love this Top Model!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized

I ditto that!

I liked American Idol the first season, not so much the 2nd, and not at all this time around. It just doesn't hold my interest anymore. Kelly Clarkson will always be known as the first American Idol and no one can take that away from her, so really when I think of the American Idol (or the AI by the show's definition anyway), I think Kelly.

I would much much much rather watch ANTM than AI and I'm glad that people are turning off AI to watch it because ANTM is one of my favorite shows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast