Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Voice-Overs

Voice-Overs

Did anyone notice that when the girls are at the elimination ceremony, it sometimes sounds like what Tyra is actually saying gets cut out and is replaced with something else? I noticed this a LOT throughout the show. Tyra's voice changes (her voice goes a bit deeper and isn't as clear - it sounds like it's far away) and it sounds like she's in a studio or something, and a lot of the times when her voice changes, the girls will start tearing up or looking emotional, but then what Tyra "says" isn't mean at all.

So I think that we were given voice-overs so we don't REALLY hear what's being said to the girls. Also - sorry if someone else noticed this and posted it. I haven't been here in a while.

Oh yeah. It happened a ton.
    I know it's been posted around, probably most recently in the
    thread about Peves. It was one of mine.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Yup I noticed it also, it also happens on the Apprentice I believe

oh yea that is so annoying, it also happens when tyra says somethign smart, like she couldnt think of what to say so she had someone write her somethign to say so it made her sound better, it pissed the helkl out of me cus u could totally ttell

yea i noticed

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Yup I noticed it also, it also happens on the Apprentice I believe
    Yeah, I've noticed parts where I thought it was happening there as well. It's so annoying!

Wow, I've never noticed.

A lot of us have been laughing about this on the board for ages! There is a hilarious post somewhere of (Gucci, I think) imagining what the (then) upcoming infidelity episode would be like, including dubbing the word "lunch" over sex. In my last recap, the cheesiest dub I noted was Jay talking about the BriteSmile whitening pens.

One of the worst instances which someone pointed out (I'm sorry I can't remember who) was when Jay they were announcing that the girls were going to be in Tyra's video, and there was this whole promotional schpiel over shots of the girls looking enthused and ecstatic. The dub was so bad, he might have been telling them that were going to be in the video of some big star. Personally, I think that on a proverbial cutting room floor somewhere is Jay then saying, "And it's Tyra!" and all the girls going, "Aw" in disappointment, followed by that music that always plays in cartoons when something crummy happens ("Wa wa wa waaa...").
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Wow, I've never noticed.
    If you taped the shows, just listen more carefully. I'm 95% sure that it happened in the episode where April got eliminated. Tyra's voice got all weird when she was talking to April about how April was performing, and April got really emotional although Tyra just said something about April's sex-appeal I think? It's just kind of weird...

Another one, off the top of my head, was when Tyra was talking to Yoanna about how her body isn't "high-fashion". Tyra's voice got weird, she was being REALLY nice in her words, but Yoanna looked like she was extremely hurt. So I think something else was said but we weren't allowed to hear.

I think what is tackiest about this phenomenon (not just on ANTM but on all the shows that do it) is that they could at least match the audio so it doesn't sound so obviously recorded in a studio months later. :rolleyes
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast