Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: America's Next Top Model 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lysithyia
    I'm 5'1 and well proud of it. =/ I don't appreciate how people treat me like I'm lesser/a little girl, simply because I have the height of one ...

I don't really find anything beautiful about those gigantic amazon women, but I guess that's just rambling coming from the point of view of a short girl. *shrugs*
    i know how you feel. i'm 5'2", and i don't understand what makes people feel superior because of their height. it's the same with people who feel superior because they have a different hair color, or they're thinner. it's self-gratification that is really pointless and groundless. when people treat me like im 12 and call me "sweetie", that's a whole other issue... that's why i wear 4 inch heels on a regular basis. society has these beliefs that if you're not 6 feet tall, you're nothing, and to avoid the hassle of proving myself every single day, i have to make myself look taller. anyway....men tend to like women who are more on the petite side, plus, you won't have to worry about towering over your man in heels.

I would be proud of being 5 ft if I didn't LOOK like a 12 year old. Like it's not just my height reinforceing a young image of me, but my face as well. I just look so immature instead of mature.

I'm so sick of people thinking I'm a little kid Once, a little boy saw me doing my homework and asked what grade I was in. I said I was in 11th and he asked me if I was supersmart or something to be in the 11th grade

FORT Newbie
    I wear heels now and then, but nothing that could really make me look taller. I had a bad experience with 3 and 1/2 inches at a wedding a few years back, so .. yeah. XD

Frosty, the same thing happens to me. People have been calling me a freshman for nearly four years now ...

FORT Fogey
    I think its much worse for a guy to be short. Not saying its bad for anyone to be short but the vast majority of women prefer tall guys. Most short guys dont get noticed unless they have an gorgeous face. So you girls on here who are short shouldnt feel insecure about it at all cause I dont think most people think its a big deal for a girl to be short. I think alot of those really tall girls were probably teased alot for being so tall(for a girl) growing up.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=Matt64]I can't imagin why someone wouldn't hire a Canadian girl. Canadians are some of the biggest names right now. Not to mention in the past we've had a few big names.. Linda anyone?

Yeah, there are a lot of Canadian models who are doing really well/have done really well like Linda Evangelista, Shalom Harlow, Jessica Stam, Daria (I don't remember her last name...), etc.
    I think it'd be great if they had a Canadian version of the show. They could fly the girls to Toronto and then do the whole Europe thing at the end of the show too---just like America's Next Top Model.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysithyia
    I'm 5'1 and well proud of it. =/ I don't appreciate how people treat me like I'm lesser/a little girl, simply because I have the height of one ...

I don't really find anything beautiful about those gigantic amazon women, but I guess that's just rambling coming from the point of view of a short girl. *shrugs*

This is funny because I am 6 feet tall and I have always had the same problem in reverse. People think that you are less feminine when you are very tall. They assume you must be mannish/butchy/play basketball..Have a boisterous personality. Men do not want to date you because they prefer petite girls. The only way around it would be to be rail thin so that you don't look so big.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I think alot of those really tall girls were probably teased alot for being so tall(for a girl) growing up.
    But end up being models at early age.

America's Next Top Model is my favorite show, but I can't try out cause i'm too short, I'm 5'3. That made me so upset when I found that out last season. Too bad they're looking for runway type models, otherwise I would've downloaded an application by the time they put it on the website.
    We bout to throw dem bows
    We bout to swang dem thangs
    It's 'bout to be a what? Girlfight!

Quote Originally Posted by Positum
    i know how you feel. i'm 5'2", and i don't understand what makes people feel superior because of their height. it's the same with people who feel superior because they have a different hair color, or they're thinner. it's self-gratification that is really pointless and groundless. when people treat me like im 12 and call me "sweetie", that's a whole other issue... that's why i wear 4 inch heels on a regular basis. society has these beliefs that if you're not 6 feet tall, you're nothing, and to avoid the hassle of proving myself every single day, i have to make myself look taller. anyway....men tend to like women who are more on the petite side, plus, you won't have to worry about towering over your man in heels.
    I don't know...I guess it depends on the situation. I'm 5'8", and everyone in my school is "short." I think I get picked on because I'm "so tall" and not like everyone else. I definitely don't feel superior. :/ But I understand what you're saying...
    <33 Mollz

i feel 5'2 is about normal height nowadays. those who are taller, be proud of your height, not everyone is that tall. shorter people- be proud also you arent inferior you are normal height just like everyone else you may just be around taller people so that view you as different. NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF YOU ARE ALL PERFECT!
    everyday is so wonderful........ then suddenly is hard to breathe

I think you need to be an even 5'5'' to be the 'perfect' girl XD

Too short, you get picked on.
    Too tall, you get picked on.

WHAT DOES THE WORLD WANT?!